|NetSurf 2.8 adds support for frames and iframes on all platforms, MIME type sniffing, and a new image cache. Image decoding can now be deferred until images are required for more optimal resource use and faster page load times. The release also incorporates many other newfeatures, optimisations, improvements and bug fixes. Full details in the change log. We recommend all users upgrade.|
Download from http://www.netsurf-browser.org or via http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk/netsurf/
Release notes for this AmigaOS 4 build:
* DataTypes content handler now used for JPEG and PNG images on the 4.0 (static) build.
* Low-memory version of parserutils.library included in the archive, for people wishing to reduce memory requirements.
* MNG and WebP internal decoders no longer compiled in. Please install appropriate datatypes for WebP and (limited) MNG support.
* The file Resource/mimetypes can be used to specify applications to run plug-in content (to use, right-click plug-in area and select "launch in external application"). It also links DataTypes, MIME types and DefIcons, so if something isn't working as expected it might be related to this file.
* Please note the new DPI setting in prefs. Some people reported particulary small text on certain websites with the previous release. Setting DPI correctly fixes this. If you use a widescreen monitor you may need to set "option_widescreen:1" in Resources/Options.
|redfox||NetSurf 2.8||20110923 01:09 #3268|
|Posting with NetSurf 2.8 graphics.library static build.
Cool ... the temporary amigans site looks fantastic.
Also amicue.org looks fantastic now as well. (It has frames.)
MicroA1 + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 3
|redfox||NetSurf 2.8||20110925 01:03 #3270|
|Posting with the Cairo version right now.