Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 133

nbache, more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

Radeon 9250 card in MicroA1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi, can anyone tell me how much of a performance increase I can expect if I use a Radeon 9250 in my MicroA1 instead of the onboard Radeon 7000?

I just picked one up and was wondering if I should put it in place of my current SATA card an just use the onboard IDE for disk access. I am quite happy with the IDE performace, but the Radeon 7000 seems a bit long in the tooth.

I really would like to see Timberwolf run smoother.

Go to top
Re: Radeon 9250 card in MicroA1
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
There will be problems. http://hdrlab.org.nz/projects/amiga-o ... r-hardware-compatibility/

I thing that 9250 offers at least 2x performance increase over Radeon 7000. But if you need to use 33mhz pci bus performance will be bad.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
It won't work at all. A bug in U-Boot prevents MicroA1 from using a hraphic card in the PCI slot. Too bad since the MicoA1 is an excellent system with a slightly too weak internal video card.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Darn that just plain sucks because otherwise my Micro has been running just fine. I was hoping to get a bit better GFX performance.

There is no work-around for the bug?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Kraftwerk

Quote:
There is no work-around for the bug?

AFAIK, it's actually a hardware problem. A1-XEs with the DMA fix that's built in to the uA1 also lock up when a graphics card is plugged into a 33 MHz PCI slot.

I have heard of one person getting a graphics card working in a uA1. While I can't remember the exact details, I think that he had to disable DMA on all IDE devices and possibly disable USB too. That's quite a lot to sacrifice.

Hans

Join the Kea Campus - upgrade your skills; support my work; enjoy the Amiga corner.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - see more of my work
Go to top

Register To Post