Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
39 user(s) are online (10 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 39

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

A1222Plus: Reloading OS4.1 A precautionary tale
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I'd been having a few (self imposed) problems with my OS 4.1 installation, so I decided I would reformat the SSD and start afresh.

I reinstalled the SSD and recreated the partitions, including an OSRecover partition, so I had another option in case of boot problems. So now I have DH1: Workbench, DH1: Work and DH2: OSRecover.

I then rebooted from the USB Installation media and, using the OS4.1.iso, reloaded the OS on both DH0: and DH2: and then the Enhancer software, so I definitely had the Radeon RX driver.

The system went through the normal boot sequence but then wouldn't show the workbench. Rebooted using the OSRecover partition, same thing!

Long story short - I RTFMed, followed the flaming instructions and used the provided shell script to reinstall the OS. Bingo!

The moral of the story is definitely....RTFM!!

Go to top
Re: A1222Plus: Reloading OS4.1 A precautionary tale
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmigaOldie

If you reinstall AmigaOs4.1 via the iso and later run Enhancer Software, the RX driver will be installed, but you must also enter it in SYS:Kickstart/Kicklayout after installation.

MODULE Kickstart/RadeonRX.chip

I think I know that Enhancer Software does not make this entry itself. But they have already found another solution

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Re: A1222Plus: Reloading OS4.1 A precautionary tale
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi All,

The way I did to reinstall OS 4.1 via the recovery USB key was just to right click on AmigaOS4 hard drive icon, and choose the format option.

I kept the same volume name as AmigaOS4, then selected the quick format option to erase the entire disk.

Then I double-click the RestoreHDinstall.shell icon within the actual Restore drawer to reinstall the OS fully.

Once the process was completed, I rebooted the computer and a fresh Amiga OS 4.1 successfully booted fine.

Edited by Boabster on 2024/9/28 1:27:08
Edited by Boabster on 2024/9/28 1:28:00
Amiga OS 4.1 with A1222+
Amiga 1200 with V2, V4 & PiStorm32.
C64 with Epyx Fast Load and the VIC20.
Go to top

Register To Post