Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
31 user(s) are online (24 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 31

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 71 72 73 (74) 75 »
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Could the error with Emotion-Player be related to "AISS" ?
Because I have always had problems installing from the "Extras" CD I had to do them manually.

In practice, if I try to install the "Extras" it tries to overwrite the AmigaOS CD and it doesn't install them on "HD0"

And even through "bios" I can't give priority to "DH0" even if I choose it to boot.
And the CD is always seen as the first unit.

I know this doesn't happen on "MAC-OS" but it does for me.

This only with the AmigaONE system.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
No offense to anyone but it's just a note.
which could be taken into consideration for update 1&2.
For the task bar in Italian.

"Metal Gear Solid Delta"
it definitely won't have an Italian dubbing.

Yet the Italian voice actor of the first Metal Gear Solid 1 (psx)
he was head of the project for "Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" so to speak for the translation.

But I imagine that "Metal Gear Solid Delta" will not have any dubbing in Italian.

GTA V has sold approximately 200 million copies worldwide.
Not even a shadow of Italian dubbing.
Greed is a disease.
And like power.

Edited by white on 2024/6/25 12:15:38
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@white
Quote:
Because I have always had problems installing from the "Extras" CD I had to do them manually.

In practice, if I try to install the "Extras" it tries to overwrite the AmigaOS CD and it doesn't install them on "HD0"

And even through "bios" I can't give priority to "DH0" even if I choose it to boot.
And the CD is always seen as the first unit.

You can try to boot without the CD inserted and insert it after the system booted to have the right SYS volume. To do that remove all -cdrom or -device ide-cd options from your QEMU command and only leave the HD. Once AmigaOS booted from HD you either have a QEMU menu item to insert a CD image or open QEMU monitor and see 'info block' this should show you have an ide1-cd0 drive and you can insert an iso image in it with the change command. See 'help change' for docs but it should work like: 'change ide1-cd0 path/to/cdrom.iso' I don't know what is the correct format for path on Windows, it may be easiest to copy the iso to the dir you start QEMU from so you can just use the name. Otherwise it may take a unix path (using /), a Windows path (using c:\) or maybe a cygwin path (using /c/ or something like that). After issuing the change command you can check with info block again if the image is inserted but it should then show up in the guest so you'd notice if it worked. (This should work with amigaone and pegasos2, maybe not with sam460ex which ohly has 2 SATA ports so for that you'd need to add an ide-cd manually, before you can change disks in it.)

I don't know what are your other issues or what could be a solution for those.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Balaton

Thank you for your suggestion,

I knew this command but I was never able to use it.
Compat_Monitor0 console

but I have never managed to use it with Linux or even with Windows.

I'll do some testing but it doesn't seem to work.
We would need someone who has already used it with Windows 10 for example.

Because I currently removed 750GB of SSD that I used with Linux-Amiga and backed it up for later use.
Given the little use I'm making of it.

And I'm using everything on windows 10.

qemu monitor

help change
change device [-f] filename [format [read-only-mode]] --change a removable medium, optional format, use -f to force the operation

I have no idea what to write other than:

-f -device ide-cd,drive=cd,bus=ide.1 -cdrom C:\Users\lowlevel\Desktop\Pegasos2-VM\AmigaOneInstallCD-53.54.iso

or something like that

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@white
There are only two parameters for change command you could get wrong. The drive name which should be ide1-cd0 unless you added a -cdrom or -device ide-cd option. For ide-cd it would probably be the id you specified and don't know about -cdrom but you can check with 'info block'. I said remove all -cdrom and -device ide-cd (and correspoinding -drive if=none) options from QEMU command so you'd only have ide1-cd0 then connected as secondary master. (You can see 'info qtree' and see the drive property of the CD drive on the ide bus.) Then the next parameter is the iso file path which should be just the name of the file if it's in the dir where you started QEMU in (the directory in the window you issued the QEMU command from) or should have a correct path but don't know what path format Windows needs. On Linux it's just /home/user/dir/file.iso or similar on Windows it may need \ or drive letter or /c/ and / between dirs. I guess you could search 'qemu monitor change windows' or something like that to find some docs.

If you start QEMU from C:\Users\lowlevel\Desktop\Pegasos2-VM\ then it might be something like

change ide1-cd0 AmigaOneInstallCD-53.54.iso

make sure you have no -cdrom or -device ide-cd in the QEMU command line.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Balaton

I'll try a few things.
someone's help is welcome if he has already done so.

Thank you.
Resized Image

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@white
What does 'info block' show?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Balaton

with this :
qemu-system-ppc -M amigaone -bios C:\Users\lowlevel\Desktop\Pegasos2-VM\u-boot-amigaone.bin -device VGA,romfile=C:\Users\lowlevel/Desktop\Pegasos2-VM\VGABIOS -lgpl-latest.bin -m 2048 -serial stdio -vga none -device sm501 -device rtl8139,netdev=mynet0 -netdev user,id=mynet0 -drive if=none,id=hd,file=C:\Users\lowlevel \Desktop\Pegasos2-VM\ONE-32gb.raw,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd,bus=ide.1

without CD-ROM
and with the "bios" with boot enabled
1)HD0
2)CD0

show this:

Resized Image

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@white
You're connecting the HD to ide.1 so it replaces the CD drive. remove bus=ide.1 from the end of your command then it should work.

By the way you can replace:

-drive if=none,id=hd,file=C:\Users\lowlevel \Desktop\Pegasos2-VM\ONE-32gb.raw,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd

with just

-drive media=disk,format=raw,file=C:\Users\lowlevel \Desktop\Pegasos2-VM\ONE-32gb.raw

with media=disk it will create the ide-hd so no need for a separate -device option (while -drive if=none only defines the drive that you then need to attach to a device).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Balaton

Perfect it works

Now I can try all the various tests again.
Too bad you don't live near me.
I would offer you a dinner based on Italian cuisine.
and I have many questions for you regarding emulation during dinner

The Italian one though.

Not the Italian one cooked abroad
which is practically completely different believe me I traveled all over Europe for work years ago.
And I saw how Italian cuisine changes to adapt to the place.

Of course I would also try something from Hungarian cuisine.
I like to try various ethnic foods.

Don't confuse what I say it's just a simple compliment.
For your mastery with "qemu"

Thanks for your help.

here what I did if it can be useful in this with the version of "qemu 9 x64" for Windows 10.

qemu-system-ppc -M amigaone -bios C:\Users\lowlevel\Desktop\Pegasos2-VM\u-boot-amigaone.bin -device VGA,romfile=C:\Users\lowlevel/Desktop\Pegasos2-VM\VGABIOS -lgpl-latest.bin -m 2048 -serial stdio -vga none -device sm501 -device rtl8139,netdev=mynet0 -netdev user,id=mynet0 -drive media=disk,format=raw,file=C:\Users\lowlevel \Desktop\Pegasos2-VM\ONE-32gb.raw

and then Compat-Monitor

change ide1-cd0 C:\Users\lowlevel\Desktop\Pegasos2-VM\AmigaOneInstallCD-53.54.iso

info block (verification)

Ok now the CD is recognized correctly and I can install the "EXTRAS".

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Well I'll leave it, it might be useful for others
And for me too in the distant future

Edited by white on 2024/6/26 12:45:31
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Balaton

The problem for AmigaONE remains.
Unlike other AmigaOS Pegasos etc.
At the end of the update, for example update 1.
The qemu emulation does not restart the system freezes completely.

Obviously even if I can forcefully reset it with third-party applications written for AmigaOS.

The update is successful, so Update1 appears in the Task Bar
But I'm actually convinced that it doesn't overwrite the kickstart or anything.

This is the only emulation that completely blocks qemu (both Windows and Linux versions).
Basically it doesn't restart after the update.

Is it possible to do this somehow also from Compat-Monitor ?

Thank you.

Does this happen on MAC-OS systems with AmigaONE ?

Does it also crash on MAC-OS after updating update 1 ?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@white

I don't have the latest version of qemu but with versions from February. I don't update it because I need a working qemu-aarch64 under macos with Virgil 3D for linux and qemu-i386 with qemu-3dfx under old Windows 9x,xp

Qemu ppc AmigaONE works fine - no problems. Even the Italian language works.
My system is up to date.

Resized Image

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@smarkusg

Ok, in summary what are you using an Intel Ryzen x64 machine or MAC-OS to emulate AmigaONE.
The Italian language works well obviously I'm talking about the bar where the version in use update1&2 is shown.

Sometimes the answers seem misleading.

What machine do you actually use ?
x64 or Mac OS ?

Because if I say that after the update 1 update qemu freezes because the system is not restarted as it should happen, the question seems well posed. (Qemu for Linux and also Windows 10)

Thank you.

Edited by white on 2024/6/26 18:59:49
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@white

I am running Qemu on macOS.
AmigaONE is not able to shut down but a reboot works (at least for me )
See the options what are on the screen shot I sent regarding floppy and disk settings. Maybe this will help something

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@smarkusg

Ok I understand that it also crashes on MAC-OS,

now I try to review the replacement of files after upgrade1&2.
A suggestion would be useful if I need to restart the CD kickstart or do something else.

Here you can see the ABOUT of the information in English.
You can see that it's different if you use English.
However, in the Italian one this information is not available and this is what I was referring to.

Resized Image

It's not like I make things up

here update 2 add Ranger

Resized Image

in Italian this does not appear

Resized Image

as you can see, for example, update 2 appears in German

but not in Italian

probably the translator of the "string" was eating a "PIZZA" at that moment and didn't have time to insert it.

Edited by white on 2024/6/27 8:00:56
Edited by white on 2024/6/27 8:13:07
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
If I need to move files from the CD let me know.
After the update.

Thank you.

Because otherwise I can't find any explanation.
Emotion-Player works in all installed AmigaOS versions.
After update 1&2

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello all, sorry to barge in on this thread but I was not to sure where else to ask my questions.

I am having a play with QEMU and have setup a sam460ex. I have been able to get it running to a point, but I can not figure out how to get it to boot from the amigahd.img file.

I think I have the bboot, kickstart amd amigahd.img file set up correctly.

My Windows system is;

Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz (No Graphics Card)
RAM : 16.0 GB
System Type : 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition : Windows 11 Pro
Version : 23H2

C: Samsung SSD 980 500GB

WD SATA
D: 190,000 MB (Set up with QEMU Only contains the amigahd.imag file)
E: 191,5430 MB

If I use; qemu-system-ppc -machine sam460ex -rtc base=localtime -drive if=none,id=cd,file=Sam460InstallCD-53.58.iso,format=raw -device ide-cd,drive=cd,bus=ide.1
There is no output but it takes about 4-6 second to start coming up. But I am unable to see the amigahd.img if I use the Hard Disk Preparation utility.

If I use; qemu-system-ppc -machine sam460ex -rtc base=localtime -serial stdio -vga none -device sm501 -drive media=disk,format=raw,file=amigahd.img -cdrom Sam460InstallCD-53.58.iso
Here is the output it takes some time to start coming up about 10-15 seconds.

U-Boot 2010.06.05 (Jul 08 2018 - 22:45:33)

CPU: AMCC PowerPC 460EX Rev. B at 1150 MHz (PLB=230 OPB=115 EBC=115)
No Security/Kasumi support
Bootstrap Option A - Boot ROM Location EBC (8 bits)
Internal PCI arbiter disabled
32 kB I-Cache 32 kB D-Cache
Board: Sam460ex, PCIe 4x + SATA-2
I2C: ready
DRAM: 512 MiB (ECC not enabled, 460 MHz, CL0)
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

PCI: Bus Dev VenId DevId Class Int
00 01 1095 3112 0104 00
00 02 126f 0501 0380 00
00 06 126f 0501 0380 00
PCIE1: successfully set as root-complex
Net: ppc_4xx_eth0
FPGA: Revision 00 (20 0-00-00)
SM502: found
VGA: NO CARDS

I can find the Hard drive image amigahd.img and can install AmigaOS 4.1 update 2 on it.
If I use the same command again it goes to the CD Booting Screen and I have to select Continue and Start workbench from CD.
Once it has booted I can see the HD Icon. I have been able to create a directory in it and load in DOPUS from the "Extras Icon" and it works.

If I try;
D:\qemu>qemu-system-ppc -machine sam460ex -rtc base=localtime -serial stdio -vga none -device sm501 -drive media=disk,format=raw,file=amigahd.img -cdrom Sam460InstallCD-53.58.iso -device loader,cpu-num=0,file=bboot -device loader,addr=x600000,file=Kickstart.zip

I get this Error;
qemu-system-ppc: -device loader,addr=x600000,file=Kickstart.zip: Parameter 'addr' expects integer

I have tried a few combinations of addr 0x600000 and 0x600000000 and both don't work.

I'm sure it something to do with the right comands for the sam460ex but I can not find a detailed explaination of what i need for this specific machine( more likely to dumb to understand whats required).

Any help would be great.

Cheers
Leo

Edited by Redlion on 2024/6/28 5:35:07
Redlion

SAM 460ex AmigaOS 4.1 update 2 (CLUB Radeon R7 250 low profile 1024MB GDDR5 128Bit PCI Express 3.0)
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Redlion

Hello and welcome to the forum

You are trying to run an emulation of a 460EX machine under QEMU. BBoot is designed for amigaone and pegasos2 machines.

https://codeberg.org/qmiga/pages/wiki/SubprojectBBoot

It also appears that you are not specifying the drive correctly. You give the definition, but do not connect it correctly to the machine.

On the QEMU care page for ppc machine emulation on which you can run, among other things, AOS4, you have an example related to booting from CDROM and sam460 for AOS4

http://zero.eik.bme.hu/~balaton/qemu/amiga/index.html

qemu-system-ppc -machine sam460ex -rtc base=localtime -drive if=none,id=cd,file=Sam460InstallCD-53.58.iso,format=raw -device ide-cd,drive=cd,bus=ide.1

Add your defined drive under "ide.0))" e.g:

-drive if=none,id=hd,file=amigahd.img,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd,bus=ide.0

I can't remember exactly, but I have this syntax (you can skip it if you don't need it)
-boot order=c,menu=on

You also didn't add a network card. Maybe you don't need it.

Run the whole thing like this:

qemu-system-ppc -machine sam460ex -rtc base=localtime -drive if=none,id=cd,file=Sam460InstallCD-53.58.iso,format=raw -device ide-cd,drive=cd,bus=ide.1 -drive if=none,id=hd,file=amigahd.img,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd,bus=ide.0 -boot order=c,menu=on

Remember that sam460ex emulation is not as fast as amigaone and pegasos2 but it is much simpler to run the emulation itself.

Have fun

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Redlion
Hello and welcome. If you read the BBoot README it says it supports amigaone and pegasos2. BBoot does not work with sam460ex but QEMU includes the sam460ex firmware so you should be able to boot from that without needing bboot.

To boot from HD just remove the -cdrom option. This command should work:

qemu-system-ppc -machine sam460ex -rtc base=localtime -serial stdio -drive media=disk,format=raw,file=amigahd.img

(You don't even need the -vga none -device sm501 for sam460ex as it already has an sm501 on-board. Usually the simplest command that works is the best. Only add more options if you know they are needed.)

Then if you need the CD you can attach it from QEMU monitor as was discussed above using the change comnmand. If you want to boot from HD while a CD is attached then you may need to set the boot priority of the HD boot volume higher than the CD's boot priority. But I don't know what value the CD uses and what's a good value for the HD. This is just the same as on real machine.

Edited by balaton on 2024/6/28 12:30:01
Edited by balaton on 2024/6/28 12:30:31
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@smarkusg
Quote:

On the QEMU care page for ppc machine emulation on which you can run, among other things, AOS4, you have an example related to booting from CDROM and sam460 for AOS4

http://zero.eik.bme.hu/~balaton/qemu/amiga/index.html

You can also use qmiga.codeberg.page as a shorter way to access this page.

Quote:
-drive if=none,id=hd,file=amigahd.img,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd,bus=ide.0

This also works but not necessary when using -drive media=disk as above. Older QEMU versions did not support that for sam460ex so you had to use this longer -drive if=none + -device ide-hd syntax but since QEMU 9.0 sam460ex can also use -cdrom and -drive media= forms so these can be shortened that way.

Quote:
I can't remember exactly, but I have this syntax (you can skip it if you don't need it)
-boot order=c,menu=on

This wont work with any AmigaNG emulation and will be ignored. On other machines where this works it needs firmware support that none of the AmigaNG machines have so this option will do nothing. Boot order is set from firmware (but you can't save it lacking NVRAM) and the boot priority setting of the sys volumes found like on real machine.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 71 72 73 (74) 75 »