Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
33 user(s) are online (23 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 33

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 72 73 74 (75)
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@balaton
Quote:
If you want to boot from HD while a CD is attached then you may need to set the boot priority of the HD boot volume higher than the CD's boot priority. But I don't know what value the CD uses and what's a good value for the HD. This is just the same as on real machine.
IIRC CD uses +10, usually the HD boot volume uses 0 (= boot form CD if there is a bootable one in a drive, if there is none boot from HD), so you'd have to change that to +11 (or higher) in MediaToolBox.

But that's only half of it, only AmigaOS uses the highest boot priority of all bootable volumes on all drives. U-Boot only uses the highest one per drive, for example if you have several bootable volumes on a HD.
The order U-Boot uses for searching for bootable volumes on the drives is set by the boot1, boot2, etc. env variables, which can be changed in the menu as well (ide, cdrom, floppy, net, pssii, psiicdrom, scsi, scdrom, sii, siicdrom, etc.), and it stops searching after it found a drive with a bootable volume.

Without NVRAM support you may have to change the U-Boot order on each boot, if the defaults aren't the ones you need.
For example if the CD is "AmigaOS 4.1 FE" (without updates) but the HD boot volume uses "AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2" U-Boot may load the older kickstart modules from CD but AmigaOS boots from the HD volume with newer AmigaOS parts which can cause problems.

It's much easier and less problematic to simply remove the CD image in QEmu after AmigaOS was installed on a HD partition.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg
@Balaton

And in fact now I am able to install "AISS" from CD as well as "Mixer" with AmigaONE.
With the Compat-Monitor method.
But if I run the update it doesn't find any "Mixer" or even "AISS" updates among those available when instead they should be there.

I don't know if this is related to joerg comment.
I'm losing the desire to emulate AmigaONE.

Edited by white on 2024/6/28 16:00:19
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi all, and thank you for the welcome.

I have been around Amigas a long time but never active on this forum.

Thanks for the info - i've got it working. Now to tweak it a bit.

Speed is not my main concern, now I will try and get the network side of things working.

Thanks again.
Leo

Redlion

SAM 460ex AmigaOS 4.1 update 2 (CLUB Radeon R7 250 low profile 1024MB GDDR5 128Bit PCI Express 3.0)
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Redlion
I think people found that latest rtl8139 driver in 4.1FE Update 2 may be a bit unstable so you may need to downgrade to the version from 4.1FE CD or there's an updated version published on os4welt.de forum that should work but I don't know if that's available from anywhere else other than this test version.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 72 73 74 (75)