Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
26 user(s) are online (18 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 26

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: ScummVM bug-free Clib4/SPE version
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
we are working on clib4 daily :) So there is a lot of room for improvements.
Regard your video and audio stuttering. Can you try to run scummvm from cli using >NIL: so all messages are not displayed and see if the audio is played correctly? Of course the problem can be float related but just in case

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Re: ScummVM bug-free Clib4/SPE version
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroup

Quote:
afxgroup wrote:we are working on clib4 daily :) So there is a lot of room for improvements.
Regard your video and audio stuttering. Can you try to run scummvm from cli using >NIL: so all messages are not displayed and see if the audio is played correctly? Of course the problem can be float related but just in case

That's great that they're still working on it As mentioned before, there are some people already experimenting and developing it and it works really well.

Briefly about ScummVM: The stuttering of the sound comes from my HDMI recorder, which doesn't record very well and produces a lot of background noise like crackling, pops or hiss. I also record everything through the MIC input, which makes things worse It's not ideal, but at the moment I have no other way to record.

I've played around with the AHI settings in AmigaOs4.1 and created a new video where the sound on the recording is absolutely fine, there's just some background noise from my HDMI recorder. It's still not perfect, but just to show that the sound works very well with the Clib4 version of ScummVM. Only on Flight of the Amazon Queen the sound stutters a bit, not sure what it is.

If you still want to help I would be very happy to have the latest version 1.8.1 of ScummVM as a stable version. With all the other versions I have tested I can only run one game and then it crashes or DSI every time, but your version keeps working even after several games in a row.

I'll leave you a video where I was able to record the sound a little better with my HDMI recorder.

YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ML790RFYrc

edit: Even running ScummVM via ">NIL:" in the shell did not improve the sound of "Flight of the Amazon Queen"

Edited by Maijestro on 2024/6/24 14:38:47
MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)