Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
81 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 81

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: AmigaOs4.1 manuals/howto
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero
many thanks
I have now uploaded the PDF to OS4Depot and will link to it in the articles when it is published.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Now that we can post our own articles and instructions here directly in the forum, for which I am very grateful, is there a possibility that we can see in the main forum “News” that e.g. user xyz. has added a new article or instruction?

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Maijestro
Quote:
Now that we can post our own articles and instructions here directly in the forum, for which I am very grateful, is there a possibility that we can see in the main forum “News” that e.g. user xyz. has added a new article or instruction?

We will certainly have something that will bring more attention to the articles, as they are uploaded. There are a few solutions that we investigate, before we implement any of them.

I hope that soon you will see results.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I do not know if anyone noticed, but there is a new block on the right side of the website where the latest articles are shown. That's an easy way to track new posts.

Follow me on
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Looks useful, Thanks!

I wonder, could possibly a date/time for each be added?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Quote:
walkero wrote:I do not know if anyone noticed, but there is a new block on the right side of the website where the latest articles are shown. That's an easy way to track new posts.

That's pretty cool....thank you

I have one more question, how can we update articles if they are no longer accurate or if something has changed?

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro

Well, the UBOOT on AmigaONE-XE and SE has not been updated, so good if documentation stays the same.

if you have newer hardware, you need correct documentation for your hardware. don’t mess up the old documentation.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:

LiveForIt wrote:@Maijestro

Well, the UBOOT on AmigaONE-XE and SE has not been updated, so good if documentation stays the same.

if you have newer hardware, you need correct documentation for your hardware. don’t mess up the old documentation.

You are confusing something here, it is not about updating old documents, but about being able to add to my own articles if something should have changed.

Perhaps I have just expressed myself incorrectly

@walkero

Or does the updated article/instructions have to be created and submitted again?

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@nbache
Quote:
I wonder, could possibly a date/time for each be added?

I will have a look if this is possible.

@Maijestro
The plugin used allows to edit your own articles, but there is a bug right now, which resets the author. So I had to disable it until I find time to work on it and fix it. Until then, I would suggest contacting me, and we can make the change together.

Follow me on
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@nbache
I just added date and time in the latest articles block at the right sidebar, as you requested

Follow me on
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro

most of your links are broken due to them being shortened with "..." in the middle on some browsers

could you rather change them to
[ url=your-link ]Describe-yozr-link[ /url ]
(drop the spaces)

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@everyone
Quote:
The plugin used allows to edit your own articles, but there is a bug right now, which resets the author. So I had to disable it until I find time to work on it and fix it.

I just pushed code changes that fix that problem. And I enabled everyone to be able to edit their own articles. You will find an edit icon in the lower-right corner of your articles.

Have in mind that if you edit your article, this is going to get unpublished, until someone approves it.

Give it a try, and please let me know if it works fine for you.

Follow me on
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero

thank you very much for your quick support and the implementation of suggestions for the forum :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Great. Thank you

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Quote:
I just added date and time in the latest articles block at the right sidebar
Brilliant, thank you!

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

I wanted to correct or update an article so I tried to edit it, which worked, but I couldn't replace it permanently.

“No access in this area”

Or something like that, I couldn't remember it exactly because it was only shown briefly. My Ogles2 article has now disappeared completely.....

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Maijestro
When an article is edited, it gets unpublished. That's why you got that error because you do not have access to it any more.

I just approved it and it is published now.

Follow me on
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Quote:
walkero wrote:@Maijestro
When an article is edited, it gets unpublished. That's why you got that error because you do not have access to it any more.

I just approved it and it is published now.

I don't think I understood that if I edit or update an article it has to be re-approved by an administrator of this forum?

Otherwise, thank you again for re-enabling the article. I've already checked the updated article and there shouldn't be any further problems with retrieving the links.

And thanks for adding new features to the forum, I really like it.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Maijestro
Quote:
I don't think I understood that if I edit or update an article it has to be re-approved by an administrator of this forum?

Yeap. That's the case. That is to secure that the content is not spam or inappropriate to get public.

You are welcome. More fixes and features are coming.

Follow me on
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Maijestro thanks for fixing the links!

For the most part it was still possible to work out the URLs from the title of the game, but of course, better for the links to work properly.

Amiga x5040 ı 16GB ı RX580
GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)