Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
28 user(s) are online (25 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 28

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4)
Re: A1222Plus has a new home
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@eliyahu

Quote:
eliyahu wrote:@Detordiggei

Nope, that isn't the latest firmware. I should really update that!

Where can we download the new firmware from?

Can you perhaps briefly explain what improvements the current version provides?

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Detordiggei

Quote:
- MiniGL base demos are not working (Guru Meditation + output window saying "Max supported anisotropy :16")

Those should work.

Quote:
- Quake1/2, Doom, Dune legacy (I tried several versions of those for testing) and many other games that I'm playing smoothly on Sam460le are giving me some bad output or Guru on startup.

None of the Quake or Quake II versions work well on the A1222. As for DOOM several versions do work, including Chocolate Doom, PRBoom (not PRBoomGL), and Woof.

Quote:
- Blender not working (Guru Meditation)

Blender should work fine.

If you have any differences between my lists and your own, let's investigate further.

http://eliyahu.org/tabor/tools.html
http://eliyahu.org/tabor/games.html

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Maijestro

Actually I'm not authorized to distribute any firmware from A-EON, so I need to just remove the link.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Detordiggei

Quote:
Detordiggei wrote:@Maijestro

Thank you very much for answering, let me give you some updates:

- MiniGL base demos are not working (Guru Meditation + output window saying "Max supported anisotropy :16")

I have just checked it again all MiniGL demo,s work from the Os4depot MiniGL archive.

But there is also another archive from GoldenCode developer Daytona675x who seems to be responsible for the MiniGL development. On his website you can also download MiniGL and it also contains a pure SPE compiled version.

https://www.goldencode.de/?page=2

Just test it and see if it works better. It works really well on my system....

As eliyahu mentioned Quake1/2 does not work on the A1222 it uses an incompatible FPU/SPE and things have to be adapted to make it run.

But again there is no guarantee if it will work better with pure SPE code, currently no one has tried or tested it and there are very few to no developers left so they will have to accept that these games will not run on the A1222.

Which blender do you use? The A1222+ blender supplied works very well for me and I haven't had any problems with this blender yet.

Edited by Maijestro on 2024/6/27 16:53:51
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/6/27 17:55:03
MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@eliyahu

Quote:
eliyahu wrote:@Maijestro

Actually I'm not authorized to distribute any firmware from A-EON, so I need to just remove the link.

It's fine, I just checked my firmware and it's from 2024.

In your quick guide you mention VoxelBird/VoxelNoid as SPE Native version, but I can't find this version, can you help me?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Maijestro

Quote:
In your quick guide you mention VoxelBird/VoxelNoid as SPE Native version, but I can't find this version, can you help me?

You'd need to ask Daniel. I don't know where (or even if) he's released them. There's no link on his web site.

-- eliyahu

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahuQuote:
eliyahu wrote:@Maijestro

You'd need to ask Daniel. I don't know where (or even if) he's released them. There's no link on his web site.

-- eliyahu

Useful page, I didn't know about it anyway

Edited by Detordiggei on 2024/6/27 23:26:19
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MaijestroQuote:
Maijestro wrote:@Detordiggei

[quote]
I have just checked it again all MiniGL demo,s work from the Os4depot MiniGL archive.

But there is also another archive from GoldenCode developer Daytona675x who seems to be responsible for the MiniGL development. On his website you can also download MiniGL and it also contains a pure SPE compiled version.

https://www.goldencode.de/?page=2

Just test it and see if it works better. It works really well on my system....

As eliyahu mentioned Quake1/2 does not work on the A1222 it uses an incompatible FPU/SPE and things have to be adapted to make it run.

But again there is no guarantee if it will work better with pure SPE code, currently no one has tried or tested it and there are very few to no developers left so they will have to accept that these games will not run on the A1222.

Which blender do you use? The A1222+ blender supplied works very well for me and I haven't had any problems with this blender yet.

Awesome, I'm checking it right know. For what concern Blender, I'm using the last version available from OS4Depot which is the 248.7

I saw you have a Polaris12 card, which I haven't tried yet (just 10 and 11), I'm wondering if can be somehow related to my issues.

Edited by Detordiggei on 2024/6/27 23:25:16
Edited by Detordiggei on 2024/6/28 0:14:18
Edited by Detordiggei on 2024/6/28 0:16:03
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Maijestro I watched it carefully, pretty much all the 3d demos on your video are making my machine crashing instantly.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Detordiggei

When you say 'crashing instantly' do you mean you get a Grim Reaper or the machine freezes or ... ?

-- eliyahu

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahuQuote:

When you say 'crashing instantly' do you mean you get a Grim Reaper or the machine freezes or ... ?

-- eliyahu

Mostly Grim Reaper plus occasional pure machine Freezes but...I almost managed to solve the situation thanks to the precompiled drivers downloaded from here https://www.goldencode.de/?page=2.
The spe_ppc_compatible version "unstuck" MiniGL demos and games, which are now working.
Although I'm still unable to run Blender, which I truly would like to use on this machine.
In any case I'm not sure that this was supposed to be the natural solution since, if I got it right, the other owners of 1222+ did not need any of this to have their machine working properly, apparently.
The crashes were similar to my SAM460le, before installing NovaBridge, which it's present and licensed of course in my 1222 library.
Still testing anyway...I want Blender! :(

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@eliyahu
Quote:

Have you checked the license? I think U-Boot is under GPL which means you can redistribute it as long as you pass on everything you got so if it's an unmodified package you can redistribute it. If you made modifications you also need to include the source for those changes. A-EON is bound by the same license using U-Boot and cannot change it to not allow redistribution. If they distribute modified U-Boot they also need to publish source and keep U-Boot free. (Free means free to redistribute and change it not that it must be free of charge.)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DetordiggeiQuote:
Detordiggei wrote:@eliyahuQuote:

-- eliyahu

Mostly Grim Reaper plus occasional pure machine Freezes but...I almost managed to solve the situation thanks to the precompiled drivers downloaded from here https://www.goldencode.de/?page=2.
The spe_ppc_compatible version "unstuck" MiniGL demos and games, which are now working.
Although I'm still unable to run Blender, which I truly would like to use on this machine.
In any case I'm not sure that this was supposed to be the natural solution since, if I got it right, the other owners of 1222+ did not need any of this to have their machine working properly, apparently.
The crashes were similar to my SAM460le, before installing NovaBridge, which it's present and licensed of course in my 1222 library.
Still testing anyway...I want Blender! :(

New interesting bug found: if I try to open an AVI file on Emotion or DVPlayer immediately after boot, I got an instant Grim Reaper Crash. I must play an MP4 first or starting other apps/tasks, then it's all good with any sort of AVI, to my knowledge this is likely some initial ram assignment issue, can be?

Edited by Detordiggei on 2024/6/28 11:29:48
Edited by Detordiggei on 2024/6/28 11:30:15
Edited by Detordiggei on 2024/6/28 11:36:10
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Detordiggei

Quote:

New interesting bug found: if I try to open an AVI file on Emotion or DVPlayer immediately after boot, I got an instant Grim Reaper Crash. I must play an MP4 first or starting other apps/tasks, then it's all good with any sort of AVI, to my knowledge this is likely some initial ram assignment issue, can be?

I don't understand that there are so many problems with their system and yes the A1222 is not perfect, but if anything works really well it is the video playback via Emotion or DvPlayer. Even 4K videos are no problem...

Here is a short video where even 4k videos do not cause any problems under A1222, so if the Tabor can do anything, it is really to play videos perfectly

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjCFOzPGFIk

Regarding your problem with Blender...yes, I also have problems getting the Os4Depot to run.

I'm not currently using an RX 550, but an RX 570 which seems to be a lot more powerful, but I've tested all the MiniGL demos with the RX 550 and Rx 570 and it works fine on both cards.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Maijestro

Well, I didn't say that is not playing 4k videos properly, I just have to avoid launching either DVPlayer or Emotion with an AVI file as the first task after booting. Otherwise it's all good, weird :)

Edited by Detordiggei on 2024/6/29 9:24:52
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4)