Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
28 user(s) are online (20 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 28

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 29 30 31 (32) 33 »
Re: New Games possible?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Joeled

I went to that website and found client sourcecode, is that obsolete and not working with the game anymore?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@thematic
I dont know but i guess nobody is interested in porting it or we cant do it now

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Well I can tell that it (Eternal Lands client that is) has OpenGL functions that need replacing for MiniGL, something which I'm currently not well versed at.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thats sad bec the game looks good.

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Like Arx Fatalis? Arx Libertatis is an open source improvement on that... http://arx-libertatis.org/

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Ask kas1e if its possible to port.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Mmmm this game need:

CMake 2.8+
DevIL 1.7+
zlib
Boost 1.39+
Freetype
OpenAL 1.1

We have CMake already but i don't know if our native port work for real, this maybe can be solved with a usual crosscompiling

DevIL library is availible aswell altrough maybe it's a bit old

http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... ary/graphics/libdevil.lha

The same about Boost, so yes it seems theorically portable but maybe some library from the OS4 side need to be updated and of course a programmer who is willing to devote his time on it

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

CMake not probem (can be used on cross-compiler). Only problem which can be its DevIL and Boost. Expectually Boost, becase with every new version they add a lof of new, and having old one no-go.

I nag from time to time some developers in hope that they will in interst to make new port of Boost someday (as pretty many decent games reles on latest versions of it), but currently we have only old one.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Ah thanks for clarifying that

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
some more Elite clones and unofficial followers :

Oolite - Remake of Elite: http://www.oolite.org/old//home/aegidian/public_html/oolite

Pioneer - remake of Frontier Elite II: http://pioneerspacesim.net/

Quote:
Compiling Pioneer on Linux
Requirements

libtool
sigc++-2.0
freetype2
GL and GLU
GLEW
SDL 1.2
SDLimage
Since pioneer is currently only available from the source repository, you also need autoconf and automake in order to generate the ./configure script (by running ./bootstrap)

You also need git to check the source code out from the repository.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Did anyone get btanks to work? I just get the error "failed to create minigl context could not setup video mode". Tried 800x600 and 640x480 but i still cant get it to work. :(

MickJT ported Another World two days ago. I also managed to get Bermuda Syndrome to work.

Did we have some kind of opengl support through warp3d/wazp3d? Found this chessgame that lokks cool.
DreamChess

DreamChess
Resized Image

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:
Oolite - Remake of Elite: http://www.oolite.org/old//home/aegidian/public_html/oolite

Pioneer - remake of Frontier Elite II: http://pioneerspacesim.net/

Oolite would be great (I've recently gotten sucked into it, despite it being a quite basic game by modern standards), although Pioneer would be even better...

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Do you know who did port boost?

Quote:

CMake not probem (can be used on cross-compiler). Only problem which can be its DevIL and Boost. Expectually Boost, becase with every new version they add a lof of new, and having old one no-go.

I nag from time to time some developers in hope that they will in interst to make new port of Boost someday (as pretty many decent games reles on latest versions of it), but currently we have only old one.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Steven Solie ported boost.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@oolite

One day I should start thread about it on the new dev site, unless no-one else does it in the meanwhile.
If I one day manage to try some game porting, oolite would be my big challenge.
(I still think Elite 1 (oolite is not too far off) is the best game in the world so far. )

Thread at AW.

And I was not aware of the Pioneer game project. Also that is interesting.

- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Oolite is written in objective-C. Somebody needs to port a compiler first, or port the codebase to a supported language. Both options sound a bit tedious.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

Joeled wrote:
Did anyone get btanks to work? I just get the error "failed to create minigl context could not setup video mode". Tried 800x600 and 640x480 but i still cant get it to work. :(

Don't work here too.

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Capehill wrote:
Oolite is written in objective-C. Somebody needs to port a compiler first, or port the codebase to a supported language. Both options sound a bit tedious.

GCC already supports Objective-C. IIRC, what we're missing are the Objective-C headers and standard libs.

Hans

Join the Kea Campus - upgrade your skills; support my work; enjoy the Amiga corner.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - see more of my work
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

Hans wrote:

GCC already supports Objective-C. IIRC, what we're missing are the Objective-C headers and standard libs.

And GNUstep framework. However I don't know how big part is needed for Oolite. Anyway, it would be an interesting experiment to build a compiler with Objective-C support and see what happens. Do you know did anyone in the SDK team look into this?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@RIBDEVIL

To make btanks works you need minigl (so warp3d, dunno if it will works on wazp3d), and you also need a bit for manual changes when you unpack it: archive not have "." directory, and when i wrongly pack it with lha, it just skips. So, create in the root "." dir, and it will works.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 29 30 31 (32) 33 »