Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
62 user(s) are online (24 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 62

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »
Re: AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 2 fatal failure
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hypex

No I don't have any HDD space as shown on MediaToolBox.

The other words are probably well explained but I don't understand at all.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hypex

Yes SFS must be on the USB pendrive but I don't know why it doesn't load my SFS Workbench partitions.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hypex

Really I don't know but it could be SFS.OR FFS.I don't know

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

MediaToolBox would be able to tell you if it lets you select USB as controller. It usually does on start. I just looked up details of SmartFileSystem in Enhancer and the page lists how to specify 64 bit for SFS\02. I just use 32 bit SFS\01 for my Workbench. The 64 bit one is risky as it had no recovery toolss.

The other thing I mentioned was the Mass Storage Commodity. This usually runs from wBStartup. By default it's enabled on Workbench. If it's running this can be easier. With a USB key inserted just press the key combo which is Ctrl Alt M. A window should pop up with USB devices and file systems listed.

Apart from that using Find (Amiga F) you can use it to search for SmartFileSystem on the system. Click on any found and press Amiga N for Info to open up Info window. Now press Version to see version if that file. If you had an Enhancer CD you could have just replaced it on pendrive.

https://wiki.amiga.org/index.php/SmartFileSystem

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hypex

Interesting guide but may I need to choose my DH0: partition as SFS/02?

And I don't want to partition new ones,I only want to recover my 3 partitions (DH0,DH1 and DH2)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hypex

I tried or appointed on my notebook the most important steps of the guide,but no success no effect as it seems already done

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

You don't need to use SFS/02 unless you want to format and erase your data. But even then I don't think Workbench needs SFS/02. It's only needed if you need 64 bit support. And it's risky as there are no recovery tools if it goes bad.

Another possibility is if the volume has an error it may refuse to mount. According to the table below SFS/02 has no recovery tools. For this reason is why I just use SFS/01 on my Workbenches. Mine are just 4GB in size so don't exactly need 64 bit any way.

Another possibility would be to install OS4 to a new pendrive partition or even another USB stick if you had a spare. Slow for sure. But okay for emergency Workbench.

https://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/UserDoc:AmigaOS_File_Systems

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hypex

Interesting guide to know more about the Amiga FileSystems.

But still can het to a solution.

Can anybody help me? Why when I tried to format my volume DH0: it refuses to work probably freezing the system?

I want my 3 partitions recovered and usable again.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

As someone else said, this is really hard to diagnose and address remotely, and I think you will need to find someone in Europe who can help you in person.

One last thing you can try, Thomas Rapp's RDBRecov2. You can find it here.
https://thomas-rapp.hier-im-netz.de/download.html

I'm going to add alot of warnings here:

I have never used it
I don't know how to use it
It could irrevocably destroy your partitions

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@daveyw
Quote:
One last thing you can try, Thomas Rapp's RDBRecov2.
Or my PartitionWizard from the Enhancer Software, IIRC it includes something similar as well.
I don't remember the details, but the result should either be a mountlist or the file format used by MediaToolBox for RDB backup/restore.
It doesn't write anything to the scanned HD (as long as you use RAM:, an USB stick or another HD for the output file) and therefore can't destroy anything.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Well, PartitionWizard on my system doesn't run anymore. I get a message "This process terminated without replying to the Workbench startup message, this program is probably for CLI use only."

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Templario and @MamePPCA1
Please stick to English. I understand that you try to help each other, but by writing in other than English language you exclude the rest of the visitors from reading your messages.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

OK you must be right.It was only a conversation between Amiga friends of Spain.

Anyway I don't remember on which post we conversated.

If you remember you can post for us.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
OK joerg.

Nice to know it can't destroy anything.

In fact I will try later.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@daveyw

Yeah I tried Partition Wizard several times and I got the same message as you.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

If you cannot format your DH0. From your pendrive Workbench. Then it's unlikely to help you see your other volumes. In the case you could reformat and install OS4 fresh, I can only see you being able to boot from a fresh Workbench off HDD. But still not able to see your other partitions.

Do you have Enhancer on CD? It's likely this could also come down to a few trivial files needing to be in the right place. But having those right files and installing them in the right place is proving difficult.

I agree with daveyw here, there's only so much advice we can give remotely. And I should stop replying before I kept repeating myself.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@HypexQuote:
Hypex wrote:@MamePPCA1

If you cannot format your DH0. From your pendrive Workbench. Then it's unlikely to help you see your other volumes. In the case you could reformat and install OS4 fresh, I can only see you being able to boot from a fresh Workbench off HDD. But still not able to see your other partitions.

Do you have Enhancer on CD? It's likely this could also come down to a few trivial files needing to be in the right place. But having those right files and installing them in the right place is proving difficult.

I agree with daveyw here, there's only so much advice we can give remotely. And I should stop replying before I kept repeating myself.

Yes I cannot format or musn't format DH0: from my pendrive as I tried days ago and no luck.Really stuck with this.I can only see my volumes with Mounter on System I believe.

Yes I have Enhancer 1.1 on CD.

Don't stop replying cause I really need your help.

And last thing.Today's evening I tried to use Workbench but icons were unclickable as it did last months when I used Workbench from HDD.Could it be my AmigaOne X5000 is dying? My resellers of Amedia said when asking that my AmigaOne X5000 would die in 5-7 years and now now it has 7 years of life.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

That doesn't sound like a good omen. Giving it 7 years and say it will die. That's not how you give your customers confidence!

If your X5000 still works the hardware should still be good. But RAM, cables and HDD can degrade. Dust can accumulate. In particular RAM sticks can collect micro-grime just sitting there. Even just pulling them out and back in can help. Otherwise removing and cleaning the contacts can be good. I replaced the RAM and SATA cables in my X1000 when I saw signs of instability like crashing on boot. After replacing the battery.

While I don't think the X5000 is dying just yet, 7 years is a long enough time for mechanical wear on a harddrive. Be good to check the smart log for any issues. But OS4 only has a smartmontools command I know so having Linux with a GUI is just easier.

So you have Enhancer on CD and that should be a way you can get access to your files again. In the least it should have a working SmartFilesystem and PartitionWizard. You could try copying files or installing. Best to backup pendrive on another computer as a full image backup just in case.

SmartFilesystem should be easily found in the installation files under Kickstart drawer on CD. Then just copy over the top of the existing one. On the pendrive.

Another way, and this may be easier, is to simply install Enhancer on the pendrive. You may need to do more clicking off for options you don't need if you just want to update Kickstart. Or you can just install most or all to pendrive.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hypex

Yeah Amedia said me when I asked about 5-7 years of life.

And I don't want tro dismount my AmigaOne X5000 even when it has dust accumulated because I don't want to provoke mayor damage.I am not an expert.About the battery I am studying and I want to replace for one new.

About smartmontools I don't know very much.

OK I will study the Enhancer 1.1 CD posibilitie and the pendrive backup option too.

Yes I will try with Enhancer later or soon probably tomorrow

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I just say BackUp, a superb program(all Amiga users should use!) by Daniel "Deniil" Westerberg - https://www.onyxsoft.se/download-utilities.html

I have one disk in my X5000 just for backup, dont wanna relive the debacle of the Enhancer update from hell that crashed and burned my X5000 in 2020 ??

Edited by khayoz on 2024/6/14 21:55:15
Edited by khayoz on 2024/6/14 21:56:16
1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »