Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
31 user(s) are online (21 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 30

trixie, more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: A1222Plus has a new home
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg
@geennaam

Thanks,
I remembered the topic but couldn't find it.
I myself asked about the right chipset of the card to buy.
It would be really great if @geennaam would be kind enough to post a video.
Just to see how it works.

Not the part dedicated to PCI passthrough, that would clearly be my job to make it work.

But just to see what software works etc.

If I remember correctly it seems to me that he had used his son's PC

In practice the card is in operation.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@white

Emotion is the worst choice for WinUae/Qemu emulation without 3D acceleration, I tested it months ago.

Emotion/DvPlayer/Mplayer

The best media player among the 3 players was by far DVPlayer when it came to pure software rendering and video playback. HD and FullHD videos are absolutely no problem with DVPlayer under Qemu/Peg2 (MacStudio) AmigaOs4.1.

@joerg

I'm not sure if you missed it, but resolutions beyond FullHD are already possible under Qemu, even if only in 16 bit.

I'm sorry it's already going into the of topic area again.

Edited by Maijestro on 2024/6/2 9:59:32
MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

I tried to talk about it with ChatGPT and he told me that creating drivers for qemu is a complex operation.

But I'll bother again to see if the questions should be asked differently.

Clearly it's not perfect ChatGPT I told him about the book
The Seagull "Jonathan Livingston" by Richard Bach.

He didn't know, for example, that the author had gone to live on an island

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
This does not surprise me, we should give him some examples of written drivers and possibly have some suggestions by cooperating and simply just having suggestions.
This is actually how ChatGPT works.

Some time ago they had two GPTs talking to each other and in the end they didn't come up with good speeches about the human race.
nothing comparable to the movie "Terminator" for example.

But in reality they were right the man is truly stupid as well as evil.
At least this concerns the majority of people, therefore the world is like this.

In this universe no one would miss the human being if he suddenly disappeared.

Convinced that the universe was created specifically for us

I've never seen mice build mousetraps themselves

Edited by white on 2024/6/2 7:13:28
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

6 days ago the time had finally come and I was able to receive the A1222....man I was so excited...so I quickly tore open the package and took a first look...

Resized Image

...it really is great. Now I've unpacked everything more or less hastily so I can take a closer look at everything.....

Resized Image

Resized Image

It all looked really good at first, but hey the best is still missing...quickly unpack it and there it is at last, the A1222...of course I wanted to take a photo straight away, but in my excitement I had photographed the tower the wrong way round So don't be surprised the A1222 is upside down.

Resized Image

I really like the tower. Since I had bought some hardware in advance, I also quickly put it together so that I could get an overview of what I need to get the A1222 up and running.....

Resized Image

After I had wired everything up I was finally able to put the A1222 into operation, it is now right next to my MacStudio and so far both are getting along very well.

Resized Image

Conclusion:

After some initial difficulties, I am happy that the computer has found a new home. Briefly on the hardware, yes, it is true that some things work very well and other things work only moderately well, or not at all. I was amazed by the SPE optimized software, which is really very fast. Reading and writing the SSD is really excellent, as is using the USB stick.

There are still a few problems to be solved, but more on that later in this thread or in a separate thread that I want to use for that.

There is also a first video that shows the A1222 in action, unfortunately the video has no sound because my HDMI recorder cannot record with sound. I will have to come up with another solution for that. But take a look at my first video that I created directly with this NG Hardware.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Maijestro

Glad to see your A1222 finally arrived. Looking forward to more videos from you about it.

Kind regards,

Francis

Amiga 1200 with Apollo IceDrake
Amiga 1222+ with RadeonRX 550
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro
I like it! Another A1222+ owner joins the club!
I like that your into making videos. Keep them coming.

I agree, a lot of stuff runs faster and better than expected. Some things don't run as well, but I've been able to either find alternatives that run well, or tweak things to run better. Note, I'm not a big game player so I haven't tried any games yet.

Overall the system runs better than I expected and and I'm happy with it. I now have a nice portable Amiga system.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

incredible truly incredible!!
money well spent!!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Maijestro

Cool. I will definitely follow your channel and I look forward to you highlighting your A1222+.

Even though I have X5000, I kind of want a A1222+ as well. Maybe because of the size.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Maijestro

Looks like lots of fun. :) I hope to get one someday.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@K-L
Quote:
5° Novabridge works perfectly with the A1222+ granted you have Warp3D Nova and Radeon RX driver installed (it is the case with every A1222+ sold).

Hello everyone, very nice to meet you all!

I've spent a few days trying to figure this out, but so far any 3d app I'm trying to launch crashes at start on my 1222+, also DVPlayer freezes instantly.

I do have NovaBridge licensed and installed, I've tested the system with RX550, RX560, RX480 and an older R9 230, I've updated the drivers, RadeonRX.chip is of course in Kicklayout, I tried many combos as possible.

My SAM460le works perfectly in 3d and 2d acceleration using NovaBridge and V5 dedicated drivers. It's worth mentioning that for the A1222, the Radeon drivers (including RX) are provided directly with the system and aren't available on AmiSphere (and the given drivers not V5 maybe?). I was convinced that this could have been the main issue, but I'm reading that you guys succeeded, so I don't know how to proceed anymore.

Thanks in advance to anyone that will give me an hint <3

A1222+ Radeon RX560 / Sam460le Radeon RX480 / AmigaOneXE G4 1ghz OC / Amiga4000D CyberstormPPC 060@50 604e@233 256mb + Mediator + DenebUSB + Radeon9250 & more...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Detordiggei

Hmmm. That's rather odd. Can you list some of the programs you've tried that result in crashes or freezes?

By any chance are you using SFS partitions on your A1222 or did you get everything pre-made from AAA Technology?

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahu

Thanks for your answer,
I’ve used the file system suggested on the manual, NGF/01, which I never used before, and then I performed the recovery from the shell script. I even tried a different installation from the provided ISO of OS4.1, same result.

I tried the same softwares that I’m usually running on the Sam460: Lightwave, Blender, Wipeout, and as previously mentioned also DVPlayer doesn’t start.
Even the smallest 3d demo such Gears crashes on start, it is clear that 3D and hardware acceleration in general are not working.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Detordiggei

Quote:
Thanks for your answer,
I’ve used the file system suggested on the manual, NGF/01, which I never used before, and then I performed the recovery from the shell script. I even tried a different installation from the provided ISO of OS4.1, same result.

I tried the same softwares that I’m usually running on the Sam460: Lightwave, Blender, Wipeout, and as previously mentioned also DVPlayer doesn’t start. Even the smallest 3d demo such Gears crashes on start, it is clear that 3D and hardware acceleration in general are not working.

OK. Lightwave doesn't work on the A1222, and for WipeOut you'll need the new version from Huno that he's working on. However 3D in general should work fine with a support graphics card.

It sounds like you might not have had the chance to read through my QuickStart Guide which touches on most of these questions. Take a few minutes and read through it on http://eliyahu.org/tabor -- there is a ton of useful material in there.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahuQuote:
eliyahu wrote:@Detordiggei

[quote]It sounds like you might not have had the chance to read through my QuickStart Guide which touches on most of these questions. Take a few minutes and read through it on http://eliyahu.org/tabor -- there is a ton of useful material in there.

-- eliyahu

I did actually, I loved your guide (by the way, is the one linked the most recent firmware still?). Unfortunately the 80% of the applications you're suggesting to use are crashing, I would say the 100% of audio apps. I'm sure there's something preventing this machine to properly work, I'm used to crashes on OS4.1, but this quantity is unusual, and it doesn't match with anyone else experience, it's sadly very hard to track down a possible reason to me, the filesystem one would have been awesome actually :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Detordiggei

Nope, that isn't the latest firmware. I should really update that!

I don't understand what on Earth is going on with your system. The only things I've seen that causes that level of instability is either having diskcache.library.kmod enabled or a flaky memory SO-DIMM.

-- eliyahu

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@eliyahu
Quote:
I don't understand what on Earth is going on with your system. The only things I've seen that causes that level of instability is either having diskcache.library.kmod enabled or a flaky memory SO-DIMM.
diskcache.library is only used by SFS and the alpha/beta versions of JXFS, not by the NGFS he is using, therefore it can't be the problem.

Since I don't know what the problem with diskcache.library is on the A1222 and I don't have an A1222 myself I can't fix it.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)