Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
80 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 80

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 72 73 74 (75)
Re: What the fastest possible x64 emulation way of OS4 today ?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@balaton
Quote:
If you want to boot from HD while a CD is attached then you may need to set the boot priority of the HD boot volume higher than the CD's boot priority. But I don't know what value the CD uses and what's a good value for the HD. This is just the same as on real machine.
IIRC CD uses +10, usually the HD boot volume uses 0 (= boot form CD if there is a bootable one in a drive, if there is none boot from HD), so you'd have to change that to +11 (or higher) in MediaToolBox.

But that's only half of it, only AmigaOS uses the highest boot priority of all bootable volumes on all drives. U-Boot only uses the highest one per drive, for example if you have several bootable volumes on a HD.
The order U-Boot uses for searching for bootable volumes on the drives is set by the boot1, boot2, etc. env variables, which can be changed in the menu as well (ide, cdrom, floppy, net, pssii, psiicdrom, scsi, scdrom, sii, siicdrom, etc.), and it stops searching after it found a drive with a bootable volume.

Without NVRAM support you may have to change the U-Boot order on each boot, if the defaults aren't the ones you need.
For example if the CD is "AmigaOS 4.1 FE" (without updates) but the HD boot volume uses "AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2" U-Boot may load the older kickstart modules from CD but AmigaOS boots from the HD volume with newer AmigaOS parts which can cause problems.

It's much easier and less problematic to simply remove the CD image in QEmu after AmigaOS was installed on a HD partition.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg
@Balaton

And in fact now I am able to install "AISS" from CD as well as "Mixer" with AmigaONE.
With the Compat-Monitor method.
But if I run the update it doesn't find any "Mixer" or even "AISS" updates among those available when instead they should be there.

I don't know if this is related to joerg comment.
I'm losing the desire to emulate AmigaONE.

Edited by white on 2024/6/28 16:00:19
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi all, and thank you for the welcome.

I have been around Amigas a long time but never active on this forum.

Thanks for the info - i've got it working. Now to tweak it a bit.

Speed is not my main concern, now I will try and get the network side of things working.

Thanks again.
Leo

==========================================================================================
Redlion

SAM 460ex AmigaOS 4.1 update 2 (CLUB Radeon R7 250 low profile 1024MB GDDR5 128Bit PCI Express 3.0)
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Redlion
I think people found that latest rtl8139 driver in 4.1FE Update 2 may be a bit unstable so you may need to downgrade to the version from 4.1FE CD or there's an updated version published on os4welt.de forum that should work but I don't know if that's available from anywhere else other than this test version.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi All,

Still having some issues, first the mouse gets stuck or does not move to all areas of the screen.

I am using a TESmart KVM Switch, I have moved the mouse from the KVM to the USB on the PC - no real difference.

I have no sound at all, could that be because I have no Soundcard in my PC?

@Balaton
I can not seem to find the rtl8319 driver you mentioned. I don't have access to the older AmigaOS4.1 ISO.

@smarkusg
where did you get the 'mynet0' from in -device rtl8139,netdev=mynet0 -netdev user,id=mynet0

By the way I am using version QEMU 9.0.0

Cheers
Leo

==========================================================================================
Redlion

SAM 460ex AmigaOS 4.1 update 2 (CLUB Radeon R7 250 low profile 1024MB GDDR5 128Bit PCI Express 3.0)
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Redlion

The mynet0 is just the id to bind netdev and card together. It can be anything. Maybe it's clearer to write it as -netdev user,id=unet -device rtl8139,netdev=unet The -netdev option defines a natwork backend called unet that then you bind to the emulated network card. There could be different cards with different backends. The -device option defines what network card the guest OS sees, the -netdev option defines what QEMU does with the packets. What is your problem with network in the first place?

I meant the driver from the 4.1FE CD not the original 4.1. Update 1 or 2 updated this driver that made it less stable with QEMU. To get the latest driver from the os4welt.de forum you need to register otherwise downloads are not available. But unless you have network connection that sometimes breaks with high traffic it's not this problem but something else.

For mouse problems you could try different -display options see qemu-system-ppc -display help for available options, maybe -display sdl can work better if available (maybe -display sdl,gl=on when have issues with scaling). Otherwise you could get a tablet driver that was posted here on the forum somwhere and try -device usb-tablet but that won't work without installing the driver first but I don't remember where that driver was posted.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I don't understand why one has to register on "os4welt.de"
except I was already registered.
But I think that after years the login is no longer valid.

And instead it would be better to put the software on OSDepot.
But this is my advice.

It's like if I open a YouTube channel and get more subscribers
I "gift" all the AmigaOS software and when I say everything I mean everything.

All versions of amigaOS
All A-Eon packages
All games for AmigaOs 4.1
Etc. etc.

Obviously this is a hypothetical example

I find it unpleasant. And very selective to say the least.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@white

Quote:
white wrote:I don't understand why one has to register on "os4welt.de"
except I was already registered.
But I think that after years the login is no longer valid.

And instead it would be better to put the software on OSDepot.
But this is my advice.

It's like if I open a YouTube channel and get more subscribers
I "gift" all the AmigaOS software and when I say everything I mean everything.

All versions of amigaOS
All A-Eon packages
All games for AmigaOs 4.1
Etc. etc.

Obviously this is a hypothetical example

I find it unpleasant. And very selective to say the least.

This driver was tested on Mac M1 hardware with Qemu because most of the problems with unstable network connections occurred here, the driver solves the problems.

Under Linux/Windows this driver was not tested because there was no need for it and nobody reported problems under Linux or Windows in connection with unstable network connections.

You have to accept it when driver developers decide for themselves how and where to make their drivers available, even if it may not always be the right decision with such a small community.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

In fact, I'm still waiting for the program to watch the live streaming channels.
Not that it takes anything to do it.
But precisely because the community is small, we also get involved with these little things. It becomes useless.

I can understand software like "Yuzu" emulator for "Nintendo Switch"
which was removed for various reasons.

What can I say I respect the decision of the author of the software in question.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@white
The RTL driver beta versions were posted to os4welt for testing if the changes, the developer himself can't test, make any difference.
Only on QEmu with MacOS and Linux hosts there were problems with the public versions of the driver, never on Windows hosts.
AFAIK there are no problems on MacOS and Linux hosts anymore either, by updates in QEmu and/or BBoot (IRQ related?), and even the public versions of the RTL drivers are working without problems now.

You can't expect that OS4 developers support obscure setups used by only 5-10 users, like Pegasos2 (real hardware), MacMini PPC (Mona) or QEmu.
Even the A1222 has 10 times as much users but the OS4 SDK still doesn't support it, and as long as that's not changed there will be next to no software for it...

If something doesn't work with emulation, WinUAE or QEmu as well as FPU emulation in the A1222 versions, it has to be fixed in the emulator, and not adapting AmigaOS software to the emulator bugs.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Mine was a simple way of collaborating more between "us" AmigaOS users.
I might get an ATI 7000HD series card from what I understood.
To try it with qemu.
But I don't feel like taking it because I don't see much real support.

At least from my point of view.
I can come across as a nice or unpleasant person.
It depends on your point of view.
But I don't think I would have the support to be helped to test it with qemu.

Well, the days when Hungarians lent IRC "BOT" to Italians are over.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 72 73 74 (75)