Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
73 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

Remote Desktop client for AmigaOS 4
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi to all, yesterday I tried to connect my Sam440ep to my laptop (windows 7 professional) using the remote desktop protocol. I remember that it was possible to do so but for some unknown reason, it doens't work anymore.. So browsing the web I discovered this project and I would like to know if it would be possible to port it under Amiga os4..

https://github.com/FreeRDP

Go to top
Re: Remote Desktop client for AmigaOS 4
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nubechecorre
The registered version of RDesktop should work with Windows 7 Pro, the Demo versions only support Windows XP Pro, NT and 2000/2003.

There is a beta version which works with Windows 10 and 11 Pro as well http://www.hd-zone.com/index.html but AFAIK m68k only (works on AmigaOS 4.x as well), no AmigaOS 4.x/PPC port yet. You'll have to contact Darren to get it.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

ok thanks

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
the beta veresion jörg mentioned works nice - also with win11.
unfortunately it is from 2021 and is currently not developemd further.

i have one problem with it. it *seems* that you cannot login with a "non-local user account", aka a windows use account. i can see all users on our family pc when trying to log in - except mine. which is the only microsoft account.
using rdp from e.g. my smartphone works fine in that aspect. so it is not a general problem of my win machine.

would be nice to see it "finished" and the last problems fixed.

regards...
michael

Go to top

Register To Post