Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

Hard drive backup software
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi there,

I've been looking for something I could use to back up my A1222's hard drive to my NAS drive, but I've not been able to find anything that really suits my needs for one reason or another.

I originally wrote a script that would compress the files of each partition using LHA, but I've since noted that this approach is not ideal if an error occurred. As this is a simple script I could end up in the position where the archive is incomplete (which has already happened), so I'm looking for something a bit more intelligent.

I've seen tools that mirror the hard drives by just copying the files, but these fail to work on the NAS drive.

BackMan which I used to use back in the day seems to work well, but has a 10MB limit unless it is registered. The latest version which doesn't require the registration appears to be MorphOS only.

I've tried ABackup, but this sometimes hangs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Francis

Amiga 1200 with Apollo IceDrake
Amiga 1222+ with RadeonRX 550
Go to top
Re: Hard drive backup software
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jabirulo

Thanks for that, but as I said tools like these where the files are just copied don't work with the NAS drive. BackItAllUp just continually throws up errors during the backup process as it is unable to set protection bits and comments. Backup is unable to even select the NAS drive and just flashes the screen.

Kind regards,

Francis

Amiga 1200 with Apollo IceDrake
Amiga 1222+ with RadeonRX 550
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@dfstudios

Under Qemu/Peg2 I have always used AmiDVD for backups and made bootable iso,s it was a 1 to 1 copy and that worked fine. When I needed the backup, I could quickly mount it with DiskimageGUI and had quick access to my backed up data.

But on the A1222 AmiDVD doesn't work anymore, I guess it has to do with NGFS, this file system is not supported by AmiDVD?

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@dfstudios

How do you mount your NAS drive(s)?

If Backup (onyxsoft) throws errors on choosing the NAS, there is definitely something wrong with your (mounting) setup.

I use smb2fs as mounter and am using Backup all the time to and from without any hassle (big files, thousands of small files, all of them work fine).

you could also try http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... y/shell/backupcopy.tar.gz
(didn't test it, but it sounds interesting with multiple possibilities)

Go to top

Register To Post