Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

Ktadd's NG Amiga Blog Update
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
May 8, 2024 update of ktadd's Amiga NG Blog.
A1222 Plus up and running. What now?

Edited by ktadd on 2024/5/9 11:47:05
Edited by ktadd on 2024/5/9 11:47:58
AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Re: ktadd's Amiga NG Blog Update
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
ktadd wrote:May 8, 2024 update of ktadd's Amiga NG Blog.
A1222 Plus up and running. What now?

Nice reading, tnx for the update. It is very useful for new a1222 users.

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Re: ktadd's Amiga NG Blog Update
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd

It's always nice to read the first experiences on a new system... let us know how the baby goes...
and we're also interested to know how our MPlayer will runs!

Go to top
Re: Ktadd's NG Amiga Blog Update
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd

Love it keep em coming Love the feelings you experience when setting up a new system (both good & bad) and that nice soothing feeling when you finally get it set up just the way you like it

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Edited by Maijestro on 2024/5/9 19:19:01
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/5/9 19:20:56
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/5/10 18:06:03
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/5/10 18:06:41
MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Re: Ktadd's NG Amiga Blog June 2024 update
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Using a Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard with an A1222 Plus

Has useful information for using any PC keyboard, including multimedia keys, with AmigaOS4.

Edited by ktadd on 2024/6/4 23:25:11
AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Re: Ktadd
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

Kinda glad I'm not the only one who found configuring AllKeys a little confusing...

Go to top
Re: Ktadd's NG Amiga Blog July 2024 Update
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
July 2024 Update:

Audio Players on the A1222 Plus
Find out which audio file players work well in the A1222 Plus and some unique features of each player.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

Nice test, thanks. I wonder if it's the FPU emulation that makes some players to make that much CPU load...

It looks that you've written it in hurry, so there are some typos etc. :) Here are the most noticeable if you want to fix them:
- You've written DVPlayer everywhere, it's DAPlayer (audio player, not the video player)
- Copy&paste error in RNOTunes screenshot caption, it should be version 1.1
- Didn't RNOTunes work without installing plugins? It should work as it is, because it has the plugins bundled in its distribution.
- RNOInfo is a shortened name, RNOInfoScreen is the official name
- "So, which player is best on the A12222 Plus?" there's too many 2:s

BTW. you can also use RNOInfoScreen as an external Last.fm scrobbler for all these players if you don't want to use RNOTunes but want to scrobble songs. But you can't view Last.fm statistics with it like you can with RNOTunes...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jPV

Quote:
Nice test, thanks. I wonder if it's the FPU emulation that makes some players to make that much CPU load...

It is. It's also why any format that stores data in floats will have the same issue.

Quote:
- "So, which player is best on the A12222 Plus?" there's too many 2:s

In my experience RNOTunes is the best overall player, but if you need streaming support, then it's TuneNet. ktadd may have different views.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@jPV
Thanks for your inputs! I made updates to correct the typos and modified some info based on your comments. This will teach me to post a blog after midnight.

Yes, RNOTunes did come with the required plugins. Noted in the blog update. I had forgotten that I moved them to the "libs/Hollywood" directory so there aren't duplicates on my system.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79Quote:
The latest AmigaAMP is the version 3.34

Noted, updated and tested. Thanks!

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd

First of all thank you for your new blog entry, I have read it and I like it very much

About RNOTunes, I have tested it on my A1222 and yes this player uses very few resources, but I have massive sound problems with this player. With TuneNet everything is fine.

@all

I'm leaving a video so you can see and hear it for yourself, and maybe someone else is having the exact same issues. You can also find my AHI Prefs settings in the video, maybe something is wrong here too.

This broken sound output is available in 16 and 32 bit AHI settings and I don't know what the problem is.

Edited by Maijestro on 2024/7/8 18:08:26
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/7/8 18:09:57
MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MaijestroQuote:
Maijestro wrote:
About RNOTunes, I have tested it on my A1222 and yes this player uses very few resources, but I have massive sound problems with this player.

Uhh.. yeah, sounds bad. Funny that it plays fine for a while and then it starts to stutter. I haven't experienced this on my test setups, and sound is fine on my emulated OS4 setup, which runs on an old PC and makes more CPU load than your system.

I don't think that AHI settings would do this, because the other program works fine with the same settings and it should stutter all the time then. In any case RNOTunes uses AHI Unit 0 for its output on OS4, and I think that's the default setting for TuneNet too. If you want to try something, 44100 Hz would be generally better with audio files than 48000 Hz...

Could you copy some audio files to Ram Disk and try to play from there? If the HD couldn't feed data quick enough for some reason, be it some caching issue or something else.

And does it happen with other formats? Flac, wav, mod, etc?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
A question I asked myself regarding the number of channels is it really necessary to put them?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jPV

Quote:

I don't think that AHI settings would do this, because the other program works fine with the same settings and it should stutter all the time then. In any case RNOTunes uses AHI Unit 0 for its output on OS4, and I think that's the default setting for TuneNet too. If you want to try something, 44100 Hz would be generally better with audio files than 48000 Hz...

I have tested a little further. 44100 Hz is not supported by the A1222 audio driver, only 32000/48000 and 96000 Hz. I played a bit with the Unit 0 settings in both 16 and 32 bit mode, but nothing helped. I have set the channels to 4. Strange that there are no problems with TuneNet.

Quote:

Could you copy some audio files to Ram Disk and try to play from there? If the HD couldn't feed data quick enough for some reason, be it some caching issue or something else.

And does it happen with other formats? Flac, wav, mod, etc?

With mod audio files there have been no problems with playback, currently only mp3 files seem to be affected, but I need to test this further. And yes, executing from the RamDisk did not solve the sound problem with with mp3 files.

When playing videos or playing SDL games I have no problems everything seems to be fine.....strange

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro
Quote:
About RNOTunes, I have tested it on my A1222 and yes this player uses very few resources, but I have massive sound problems with this player.

I could be totally wrong on this, but I believe that RNOTunes uses the Hollywood plugin "avcodec.hwp" to play mp3 files. Are you using the latest version 1.5? I probably exists in the RNOTunes directory, so make sure you check that version or just replace it.

I have no such sound issue when playing mp3's on my A1222+ using RNOTunes.

The Hollywood plugins can be found HERE!

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:
ktadd wrote:@Maijestro
Quote:

I could be totally wrong on this, but I believe that RNOTunes uses the Hollywood plugin "avcodec.hwp" to play mp3 files. Are you using the latest version 1.5? I probably exists in the RNOTunes directory, so make sure you check that version or just replace it.

I have no such sound issue when playing mp3's on my A1222+ using RNOTunes.

The Hollywood plugins can be found HERE!

Version 1.5 is already included in the RNOTunes archive as the Hollywood plugin "avcodec.hwp". Also with AmigaAmp3 and DAPlayer there are no problems...it is a big mystery to me what can cause this malfunction...hmmmm

But for me this is not a problem at the moment, as I currently prefer to use TuneNet as a player. Start TuneNet minimized without dock function and you get about 6-7% CPU. You can continue working with the system and enjoy music

Edited by Maijestro on 2024/7/10 17:47:20
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/7/10 17:48:33
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/7/10 17:50:13
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/7/10 18:22:29
Go to top

Register To Post