Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
192 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 192

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5)
Re: A1222Plus has a new home
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I'm still experiencing a substantial instability on my 1222. I must open apps in a certain order to avoid the Grim Reaper such as: never launch AMIStore as the first app after boot, never launch an .AVI file as first file after boot, Tower57 no audio, Doom3 not working anymore, TuneNet is crashing quite often, etc...

And the weird part is that if I follow "the rules", the system can stay stable for hours. I know that we're in an experimental field, but it's clear to me that other owners are usually not experiencing my same issues. I tried many video cards, a few ram modules, and I managed to fix here and there, but without the amazing alternative SPE drivers I couldn't really make the 3d side working, which shouldn't be mandatory.

In conclusion, at the moment, My Sam460 and my AmigaOneXE G4 are way more reliable, but I'm positive that sometimes in the future, I will find the reason and sort this.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Detordiggei

Quote:
Detordiggei wrote:I'm still experiencing a substantial instability on my 1222. I must open apps in a certain order to avoid the Grim Reaper such as: never launch AMIStore as the first app after boot, never launch an .AVI file as first file after boot, Tower57 no audio, Doom3 not working anymore, TuneNet is crashing quite often, etc...

I have just tested this on my hardware AmiStore can be started as the first app without any problems. TuneNet works very well and stable as well as streaming and playing with .mp3.

If you bought Tower57 you have to replace the exe with this one:

https://hidrive.ionos.com/lnk/A5WuFk4Nu#file

Quote:

And the weird part is that if I follow "the rules", the system can stay stable for hours. I know that we're in an experimental field, but it's clear to me that other owners are usually not experiencing my same issues. I tried many video cards, a few ram modules, and I managed to fix here and there, but without the amazing alternative SPE drivers I couldn't really make the 3d side working, which shouldn't be mandatory.

Basically, 3D acceleration works, but usually a MiniGL/Gles application can only be run once without problems. When running it again, the whole system often freezes. I suspect that MiniGL/Gles on the A1222 is simply faulty. It could also be a driver problem, but I'm not sure about that.

Maybe you could provide some bug reports so we can see what crashes and why it crashes?

On another note, what USB ports are you using on your A1222?

Something else about my system I use a RX570 (8GB) ITX and Samsung 8GB PC3L-12800S DDR3 1600 MHz 1.35 V SODIMM memory and it works fine.

Edited by Maijestro on 2024/7/16 16:34:14
MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Maijestro

Quote:
I have just tested this on my hardware AmiStore can be started as the first app without any problems. TuneNet works very well and stable as well as streaming and playing with .mp3.

Duly noted, I'll keep an eye on this.

Quote:
If you bought Tower57 you have to replace the exe with this one:

https://hidrive.ionos.com/lnk/A5WuFk4Nu#file

Thanks, this fixed audio

Quote:

Basically, 3D acceleration works, but usually a MiniGL/Gles application can only be run once without problems. When running it again, the whole system often freezes. I suspect that MiniGL/Gles on the A1222 is simply faulty. It could also be a driver problem, but I'm not sure about that.

Maybe you could provide some bug reports so we can see what crashes and why it crashes?

Yes, I guess it's worth going deep into this, I'll save a list and I'll post it back.

Quote:

On another note, what USB ports are you using on your A1222?

Interesting question, I never really cared about this detail, I have the 2 front ports connected with two internal USB3->USB2 adaptors, mostly all the time. Does it make any difference?

Quote:

Something else about my system I use a RX570 (8GB) ITX and Samsung 8GB PC3L-12800S DDR3 1600 MHz 1.35 V SODIMM memory and it works fine.

I'm using a Sapphire RX580 (8GB) right now. I tried an Asus RX560 (4GB), a Sapphire RX480 (8GB) and another Asus RX550 (4GB). Again it doesn't seemed to change anything, I'm keeping the RX580 just because it's more fancy I guess, in terms of crashes nothing changed.
I've ordered this same RAM of yours, so I'll be able to test it. At the moment I'm using a quite expensive 4GB NAS 1600 MHz DDR 1.35 V from TerraMaster. I tried a few different modules and I'm finding this one the most reliable, even if I really haven't noticed any relevant difference so far.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Update: AMIStore was crashing because I wasn't using a fixed IP, now it's working like a charm, this setting is preventing network related failures so far.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Detordiggei

Quote:
Detordiggei wrote:Update: AMIStore was crashing because I wasn't using a fixed IP, now it's working like a charm, this setting is preventing network related failures so far.

Ok, that will have been the problem. If you continue to have various crashes, please try using only the front USB ports.

I also had problems with the right rear USB port that the TCP/IP stack/etnernet driver and other things crashed often.

My configuration is now as follows:

On the two front USB ports I have my wireless adapter for mouse and keyboard and on the rear left USB port I have a USB HUB with other devices connected and that works fine so far.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Maijestro

Quote:
Ok, that will have been the problem. If you continue to have various crashes, please try using only the front USB ports.

I also had problems with the right rear USB port that the TCP/IP stack/etnernet driver and other things crashed often.

I have never seen anything like this with my system. I wonder if there's an actual issue introduced with the production board. Has anyone with the original Tabor beta boards experienced this?

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro
Quote:

Hmm...I'm confused by this? The rear USB ports on the A1222+ are not side by side, they are stacked one on top of the other. I have my wireless keybaord plugged into the bottom rear USB port and have had no issues. I've also used the top rear USB port without issues. Are you refering to the LAN ports?

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:
ktadd wrote:@Maijestro
Quote:

Hmm...I'm confused by this? The rear USB ports on the A1222+ are not side by side, they are stacked one on top of the other. I have my wireless keybaord plugged into the bottom rear USB port and have had no issues. I've also used the top rear USB port without issues. Are you refering to the LAN ports?

In my case, the rear USB ports are next to each other. hmmm....you can see it in the photo.

Resized Image

I suspect there is confusion because they use a different tower. And not the most complete one as provided by A-EON

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro
Quote:
In my case, the rear USB ports are next to each other. hmmm....you can see it in the photo.

Ah, makes sense. Your looking at the board vertically and I'm looking at it horizontally.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@eliyahu

Quote:
eliyahu wrote:@Maijestro

Quote:

I have never seen anything like this with my system. I wonder if there's an actual issue introduced with the production board. Has anyone with the original Tabor beta boards experienced this?

Believe me, the error is there and I have already reported it or someone has done it for me. You can read all about it here.

https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=9592

Most bugs will only show up when people use this hardware with different configurations. It's the same with software bugs. I'm also not sure how many beta tests there were for the A1222, but I don't think there were many.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5)