Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
216 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 216

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

Trying to decide between buying an X5000 and an A1222+
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
My main application would be MIDI but the quote I'm getting for an X5000 is well over 3000 Euros whereas the A1222+ is advertised for half that.

I'm not a gamer, so I don't need a high-speed Amiga. What does the X5000 have that the A1222+ doesn't that I might need?

However, I'm told that the A1222+ doesn't support MIDI

Anyone have an experience to share?

Go to top
Re: Trying to decide between buying an X5000 and an A1222+
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mdcatdad

I don’t see why it can’t support MIDI, can’t it be connected using USB, perhaps rs232,
if rs232 you can use a adapter.

(you can't buy anthing that needs a windows driver)

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Re: Trying to decide between buying an X5000 and an A1222+
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Even if you not a gamer, 3d developer or anything of that sort: x5000 with no doubts. And the main issue even not about slower cpu, but an incompatibly fpu, causing making an emulator in the kernel, which in some, not that rare cases, at best slow things down, and at worse simple crashes. With x5000 -everything- will runs, while with a1222 many apps will works, but some will uber slow, some will crash. A good example are amigaamp on a12222 - taken up so much cpu, that this made me cry. Yes, if special version for a12222 will be done, it will be ok, but.. there no guaranties that developers who still here will ever create a1222 build of their apps, taking aside old apps out of question if they refuse to work or slow like hell. Even some MIDI app can give you bad surprises on a1222 if usage of incompatible fpu will be involved.

X5000 cost more, but its faster amigang ever, and have no such problems

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post