Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
57 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 57

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

CMake 3.29 Native (OS4)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi all,

A few of my friends (cheers!) motivated me to show some of my latest work.

I have been working on different stuff, but the most successful is by far a port of a quite recent version of CMake, that you can use for native development work.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/qqy746o ... y4ejy3up&st=2nfz4k4p&dl=0

This shot is a few weeks old, and currently the port doesn't quite work with latest libraries (clib and dos). But it's a success, and it is inevetable, that it will float at some point.

I hope this is enough to arouse your senses. :)

Go to top
Re: CMake 3.29 Native (OS4)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@elfpipe

ooooh...nice, great work, thank you and kudos

/watching this space

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Amiga x5040 ı 16GB ı RX580
GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@elfpipe
This is great. There are, for sure, people still working on useful projects!

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@elfpipe

Thanks for working on this. It's certainly great to have a newer version of CMake.

One of the reasons I haven't promoted The CMake Tutorial to AmigaOS users, is because the version of CMake that we had was too old.

Of course, now I have the next problem: some examples use Raylib, and Raylib does NOT compile out-of-the-box from the source-code repository. If we can't get our port into the official repository, then maybe we can set up an AmigaOS-specific one that does compile out-of-the-box.

Hans

Join the Kea Campus - upgrade your skills; support my work; enjoy the Amiga corner.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - see more of my work
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans

I'm a bit tied up with family stuff at the moment but I can check that for you - I think I did compile RayLib (from the source of afxgroup) natively on the Amiga. If that's true and I'm remembering correctly, then with a cmake that also runs natively the tutorial should work. Of course that does depend on the fetch functionality being implemented and working.

As always, I've been sidetracked, and it's not desperately on-topic for this thread anyway, but there was a specific area of functionality that didn't work for me in the current build of Raylib on OS4. I can't remember if it was 3D generally (I don't think so), or shaders. In which case it could well have been that the project I was building was using incompatible shader code to the version supported by OS4 / Raylib.

Like I say, need to get back up to speed after my holidays (not school holidays, so a couple weeks)

[EDIT] Of course, a Raylib that has some specific things that don't work is still ok for the tutorial. Provided those things are not used in the tutorial Not perfect but not really a problem.

GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MartinW

Quote:
I'm a bit tied up with family stuff at the moment but I can check that for you - I think I did compile RayLib (from the source of afxgroup) natively on the Amiga. If that's true and I'm remembering correctly, then with a cmake that also runs natively the tutorial should work. Of course that does depend on the fetch functionality being implemented and working.

Thanks. IIRC, the current Raylib port needs certain libraries to be installed into the SDK. Raylib itself includes all needed dependencies (for other OSes). That's why it builds out-of-the-box on other OSes. No need to manually install anything. it just works.

Either way, having an updated native version of CMake is a good step forward.

Hans

Join the Kea Campus - upgrade your skills; support my work; enjoy the Amiga corner.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - see more of my work
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@MartinW

I've tried all RayLib examples and they all are working correctly. At least with my compiled version.
Try to find which problem you have and i'll try to fix them

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@afxgroup

Will do - but if you say you've successfully run all the test examples then it will be my shader code (that I didn't write because I wouldn't know how). Will be a couple weeks.

GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top

Register To Post