Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
164 user(s) are online (19 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 164

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4)
Re: A1222 Freezes when writing to the RAM DISK
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hypex

Quote:
That sounds like poorly written and untested code.

I assume there different versions of exec library, unless its due different CPU types. It be nice, if kept exec version the same on all hardware, but I guess older hardware, does have latest library, the ExMem functions is probably not present in interface, on the older versions.

So probably not due to poorly written code, but more likely due lack of checking of availability poor documentation and examples. As almost always.

In any case, an API that does not assume possibility of failure, be horrible, if that was the case.

Should be as easy as a IF, of course we need know version it’s not available

if ((ExecBase -> lib_Version >= a)&&(ExecBase -> lib_Revision >= b))
{
}

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hypex
Quote:
That sounds like poorly written and untested code.
All Pegasos2 parts of AmigaOS are more or less untested since next to no OS4 developers and beta-testers had that hardware.

@LiveForIt
Checking the exec.library version doesn't help at all, it's the same in all kernel versions for the different systems.

https://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/Exec_Extended_Memory Quote:
Pegasos 2 Warning
The extended memory feature currently does not work on the Pegasos II platform. Programmers are still encouraged to use ExtMem but may need to add an exception for the Pegasos II platform. Use IExpansion->GetMachineInfo() to verify which platform your code is executing on.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg
Quote:

All Pegasos2 parts of AmigaOS are more or less untested since next to no OS4 developers and beta-testers had that hardware.

Maybe no active os4 developers have (or more precice use for work) pegasos2 hardware, but at least me and 2 other active betatesters have pegasos2 for sure. But taken into account active users and devs at all, saying like you say that there no betatesters with pegasos2 is not true, for sure

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4)