Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
177 user(s) are online (22 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 177

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: YT.rexx results in stuttering video [Solved]
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
There will be a v2.9 soon because of changes at YouTube that stopped most links working. However the message you are getting is because of invalid command line arguments. Open up the debug log file in T:YT and on the 2nd line you will see which command line arguments were given to the script. The first argument needs to be the YouTube URL and I'm guessing it's not.

Also check that the .rexx isn't corrupt. It's a very weird error message. Or maybe you just pasted extra stuff by accident after the word "instead".

Or are you trying to use it on a non-YouTube site that contains YouTube video links, but that site is password protected? In any case, the debug log should help.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@skynet

Quote:
skynet wrote:Hi,

I have a problem with YT.rexx, I try to make it work but I always have an output window that tells me "Unrecognizable Youtube URL, scanning for links instead Enter host password for user '-A': Unable to open T:YT/YT-Site.html

I also noticed that even with Aiostreams you can't play videos anymore.

Youtube where I don't know who is messing things up.

A little more information would be helpful

I also had the problem you described, it was because I had entered it incorrectly in the context menu in Odyssey.

c:rx AmigaOs4.1:Utilities/YT/YT.rexx %%-shh -x silent autoplay

This is how it should be entered. In the YT.cfg I have entered it for MPlayer like this....

PathMP="AmigaOs4.1:Utilities/MPlayer/MPlayer" /* Full path to MPlayer executable */
ArgsMP="-quiet -really-quiet -vo comp_yuv2 -autosync 35 %u -cache 2048 -framedrop" /* Optional parameters for mplayer */

The path to MPlayer must of course be adapted accordingly.

AioStreams via Emotion is fully configured on my system, as well as YT.rexx with MPlayer, since there are always problems that streaming YouTube videos via AioStreams fails, I still have an alternative with YT.rexx where there are currently no problems. Unfortunately I couldn't get YT.rexx to work with Emotion, there is always an "I/O error" when retrieving YouTube streams. With MPlayer it works well, but leads to an increased CPU load, as the videos are not accelerated here.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT

Quote:
MickJT wrote:There will be a v2.9 soon because of changes at YouTube that stopped most links working.

Thanks for providing the new YTScript

If I want to stream YouTube videos with YT.rexx on https://aiostreams.amiga-projects.net/invidious/trending it still works, but if I use AioStreams directly there is an error message that I have already posted in the AioStream thread.

It would be great if we could customize YT.rexx so that we could also use Emotion as a streaming player. Or someone teaches MPlayer accelerated video output

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It looks like the undocumented MEDIACONNECT command line option will give working links, but displays HLS links first, so just press enter to skip those. Also ANDROID might work.

I see -shh -x in your parameters a couple of posts above, which doesn't look right (or maybe you that's what you were trying to say).

Edit: v2.9 is nearly ready.

Edited by MickJT on 2024/8/12 11:58:01
Edited by MickJT on 2024/8/13 9:03:48
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MickJTQuote:
Edit: v2.9 is nearly ready.

V2.9 Downloaded and seems to be working on my X1000 with MPlayer.
I may have missed it but, do you know why it can no longer retreive 720p videos when using autoplay?

From .cfg file:

TagOrder="22 18 5 232 230 269 93 92"
/* 720p/360p/240p */
/* 720p/360p/144p (IOS) */
/* Live 360p/240p */

Edited by ktadd on 2024/8/14 7:41:44
AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I assume you're not getting a 720p option when not using autoplay either? Except within DASH or HLS links.

YouTube only provides a 360p option for single link non-DASH/HLS options now. I'm not sure exactly when they did that. I've kept those tag numbers there in case it comes back.

You can use the experimental dualplay command line option to pair the 720p DASH video with audio, but you need to change this line

IF Tag="134" THEN DualVID=YURL2

To tag 136.

I have yet to finish that feature, so it's hardcoded at the moment.

Edited by MickJT on 2024/8/14 8:38:27
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MickJT
Quote:
You can use the experimental dualplay command line option to pair the 720p DASH video with audio, but you need to change this line
IF Tag="134" THEN DualVID=YURL2
To tag 136.

Thanks, this seems to work well. 720p videos seem to play well on my X1000.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT

I'm not sure exactly what you changed in the script, but I just wanted to let you know that it now works with emotion yeahhhhhhooooooooo.

I tested it with the Amiga AiroStreams project page and with YouTube.com for the mobile view and it works great.

I didn't change anything in the YT.cfg.

PathMP=“APPDIR:emotion” /* Full path to MPlayer executable */
ArgsMP=“” /* Optional parameters for mplayer */

Both variants, AioStreams and YT now work perfectly via Emotion and I can choose between the streamers.

Thank you so much .... it makes me happy.

Resized Image

Edit: Tested with YT 2.9 and 3.0

Edited by Maijestro on 2024/8/18 21:14:44
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

Good to know! I've sent you a private message as well.

Edit: In your cfg example above, the quotation marks are shown as “ and ” rather than ". The former is likely to cause problems but I'm guessing it's not actually like that in the .cfg

Edited by MickJT on 2024/8/19 14:09:38
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro
Quote:
YT now work perfectly via Emotion

Verified that Emotion works well on the A1222+.
The scaling on Emotion works very well, so even the YouTube default 360p looks decent when setting Emotion to open in a 720p default size and even full screen on my 13.2" monitor. Note the the DualPlay option to play 720p videos does not work with Emotion. Tested with v 3.0.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Re: YT.rexx führt zu stotterndem Video [Geloben]
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:

Verified that Emotion works well on the A1222+.
The scaling on Emotion works very well, so even the YouTube default 360p looks decent when setting Emotion to open in a 720p default size and even full screen on my 13.2" monitor. Note the the DualPlay option to play 720p videos does not work with Emotion. Tested with v 3.0.

I am currently conducting a few experiments together with MickJT and testing which functions Emotion offers for streaming, where MickJT can also permanently integrate Emotion into YT.rexx. For us users with real hardware, it would be the best choice.

The default resolution of YT.rexx uses 640x360 as far as I know and yes, Emotion it scales very well for that resolution.

In the context menu of OWB I left out the option “silent autoplay” to be able to determine the resolution myself... 720p and 1080p are possible without problems and absolutely synchronized in video/sound playback and it looks really great.

Edit: Emotion can handle HLS video streams up to 1080p very well, including sound. Unfortunately, there is no sound with DASH streams, which probably lacks codec support.

Edit: There is also a small test video which I have created, it is actually not intended for the public, but shows once again how well it works with HLS streams.

Edited by Maijestro on 2024/8/19 20:31:09
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/8/19 20:33:26
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The DASH links are not a codec issue. It's just that the audio and video are on separate streams. So when you select a DASH video, you're literally only selecting the video, without the audio. The dualplay option is an experimental proof of concept which sends both a video & audio link to mplayer (at the moment this is hardcoded for 360p). If Emotion can be given 2 links, then it can work too.

Thanks for that video. It looks like Emotion can handle .m3u8, but as far as I know you can't choose on the command line which video/audio stream to play. YT.rexx is able to give a link specific to the chosen video resolution when the video and audio are not separated, so that is OK with the media connect client. With the IOS client, video and audio are separated and either Emotion would need to support choosing the streams, or allow a secondary link for audio input. There might be a way to work around that by editing the m3u8 to remove unwanted streams. I'll send you something to try out when I have time.

Edited by MickJT on 2024/8/20 3:09:10
Edited by MickJT on 2024/8/20 5:45:49
Edited by MickJT on 2024/8/20 8:57:37
Edited by MickJT on 2024/8/20 8:59:32
Edited by MickJT on 2024/8/20 9:03:11
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT

Thank you for working on this. I still don't understand why DASH streams are so important, maybe we should limit ourselves to HLS streams that offer sound and can be played up to 1080p without any problems with Emotion at a very low CPU load, which should be quite enough for our purposes to enjoy YouTube on our machines and AmigaOs4.1.

And no stress, just work on it if you feel like it, it's already very good now that we have the possibility to use Emotion with YT.rexx for the first time

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

Thanks for the kind words!

For the free players, there's MPlayer and ffplay.

MPlayer supports using a secondary link for audio, so it can play DASH streams. I just need to add some code that pairs the right video/audio together. The "dualplay" option uses hardcoded values.

MPlayer can't stream HLS properly and pauses at the end of each segment (a few seconds each).

ffplay can't use a second link for audio, unless it's part of an m3u8 playlist. It also relies on SDL2 which has more CPU overhead.

So the best free player with least overhead for 720p+ is going to be MPlayer with DASH streams.

Going by your emails, it looks as though Emotion can't use a 2nd link for audio, but can stream HLS well but only when the video+audio is multiplexed in a single stream, which happens when using the Media Connect client. The IOS client uses different streams for audio and video.

So there's no best solution for everyone. You can mux video/audio on the fly and pipe it to a player, but then you can't seek (and maybe not even pause for long).

Edited by MickJT on 2024/8/20 21:02:15
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mickjt

I've tested a few things with YT.rexx.
First of all : Emotion can read all hls links just fine, as long as they are loaded from ram: or hd. Emotion doesn't alsways handle hls links via https: correctly which results in an I/O error.

This is my YT.cfg file:

V2.9 /* Please don't change the formatting */

HTML="1" /* Generate HTML page and open browser? 0/1 */
Debug="1" /* Write debug output to T:YT/YT-Debug.log? 0/1 */
AutoPlay="0" /* Automatically stream videos in mplayer/ffplay? 0/1 */
SkipDASH="1" /* Skip processing of DASH links. 0/1 */
Captions="0" /* Display list of captions? Console mode only. 0/1 */
CapLang="" /* Caption language for autoplay. Blank for none. See docs. */
CapTrans="" /* Translate captions to this language. See docs. */
Browser="Odyssey" /* Default browser: Odyssey/IBrowse/AWeb/NetSurf. */
ScanLimit="10" /* Maximum amount of video links to scan. */
UsePipe="0" /* Streams HTTPS to MPlayer via STDOUT/STDIN 0/1 */

PClient="MEDIACONNECT" /* See docs for available player client options */
/* Examples: WEB, ANDROID, IOS and more */

PlayMode="3" /* See documentation for available playback modes 1/4 */
/* This option only applies to HLS links */

TagOrder="18 5 93 92" /* 720p/360p/240p */
/* 720p/360p/144p (IOS) */
/* Live 360p/240p */

/* PathMP="APPDIR:mplayer" /* Full path to MPlayer executable */*/
PathFP="APPDIR:ffplay" /* Full path to FFplay executable */
/*ArgsMP="-quiet -hardframedrop *>NIL:" /* Optional parameters for mplayer */*/
/*ArgsFP="-loglevel quiet -framedrop -infbuf" /* Optional parameters for ffplay */ */
ArgsFP=" "
PathMP="Work:Emotion/emotion"
ArgsMP=" "

/* Add -skip_loop_filter all -skip_frame noref to ArgsFP on slow machines */

/* Emotion is unsupported but might work if adjusting PathMP and ArgsMP */

I made a context menu entry in Odyssey for YT.rexx.
Then I defined a context menu entry in Odyssey for Emotion which calls the following script:

.key LINK
wget <LINK> -ORam:index.m38u --no-check-certificate
APPDIR:Emotion ram:index.m38u
delete ram:index.m38u

This script works for every HLS link on the html page of yt.rexx.

Edited by Mozzerfan on 2024/8/20 23:04:31
Edited by Mozzerfan on 2024/8/22 3:35:02
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mozzerfan

Audio is on a separate (and not shown) link when you use the IOS client. I'm investigating if there's some sort of workaround for Emotion to be able play vid with sound with the IOS client option, but no luck so far. At the moment, it's not necessary but who knows in the future.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MickJT

I see. I'm using the MEDIACONNECT client, so no problems at all.

Anyway, thank you so much for YT.rexx. It's really brilliant.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)