Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
59 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 59

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: binutils 2.40 first native(!) beta tests !
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Thanks to MightyMax who working hard on bringing us updated and new GDB and AfxGroup (Andrea) who working tireless on clib4 all the time (which GDB uses now) we seems to hit some line where things start to working ! There is screenshot of actual updated GDB session on my x5000 (hit open image in new tab for fullsize):

Resized Image

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Really cool session! Except for "info breakpoint" command, all commands used by you, are unknown for me. I'm glad that the work "out of the box".

My favorite command is "info target", pretty useless for debugging, but really helpful for porting gdb.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks for the link. Would this fix the elf32ppc emulation bug in current bintils? I'll download and test.

Good to see work put into GDB. Would this include the GDB GUI? I suppose that may be too much to ask given GDB hasn't worked for decades. A console GUI also looks like a DOS or Linux thing so it's not exactly an Amiga thing. But it would be good to have some kind of GUI like that of MonAm.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hypex

Quote:
Thanks for the link. Would this fix the elf32ppc emulation bug in current bintils? I'll download and test.

Never heard about that, but If you give me a test case, I will take it into account for during further development.

I don't know if the GUI of the gdb will work, but a major goal will be that the "-mii"? options work for local integration into IDEs/Editors/Wahtever and later on even the gdbserver.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
IMHO gui is not the problem we need to worry about, firstly basics should works and be bug free, IMHO :)

Then, there also inbuild kind of "temrinal gui" into GDB which one can spawn by running "gdb -tui", and it will use ncurses/pdcurses/whatever to have semi-terminal-gui, like i do before with older gdb , see in this post:

https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... id=123433#forumpost123433

There i use PDCurses working over SDL2 , which give me issues and bugs there and there , so, if we will have (or we already have?) properly ported NCurses via Clib4, then this one can be used without SDL, etc and we can have something in terms of GUI.

But if one need fullblown gui, with reaction interface, all the tasty amigaos4 gadgets and co, then it surely lot of work to do, and can be done by anyone else knowing reaction based coding : gdb giving an API for, and provide a libgdb.a library which can be used from such a GUI easy, but that is really another story, we can be at least in hope to have pure terminal version to work more or less, and maybe with remote debugging (someday), and that already will be awesome.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)