Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
39 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 38

K-L, more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

How To: Video Streaming (Odyssey / IBrowse)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Welcome to the definitive thread on how to achieve streaming videos on the internet using our AmigaOne machines. I just had the idea to create this thread that is hopefully easily find-able; others have already done the hard work - from the people talking about how to configure it, to the people who have provided the tools to make it all work. To those, thank you lots.

TL;DR:
See: https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... id=150331#forumpost150331

And,

See: https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... id=150332#forumpost150332

===

I will try to keep this up-to-date.

Edited by rjd324 on 2024/9/6 21:57:49
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Re: How To: Video Streaming (Odyssey / IBrowse)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
In French only, sorry (thanks to Mozzerfan for his tips). Works like a charm with Emotion :

https://amiga-ng.org/viewtopic.php?topic=2798&forum=6

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@rjd324

Thank you for opening the thread, as I have been working with AioStreams and also YT.rexx I would like to share my experiences here. How it is possible for us to watch TwitchTV and YouTube as we are used to from other operating systems.

YT.Rexx directly via Odyssey

Odyssey---Settings---OWB--Context menu...

- Category: “Link”
- Label:YT (or whatever you would like to enter there)
- Action: c:rx SYS:Path/to/YT.rexx %l silent autoplay (Example:YT.rexx is located in AmigaOs4.1:Utilities/YT/YT.rexx) So it is also entered as “c:rx AmigaOs4.1:Utilities/YT/YT.rexx”.

Basically, that's all you need, of course the media player of your choice to which the YouTube stream is to be sent is still missing.

For users who prefer free alternatives “OpenSource Software” MPlayer and FFPLAY can be used, both can be downloaded from OS4depot.

Note: Videos are not accelerated via the graphics card, which leads to increased CPU utilization.

For accelerated video output and higher resolutions, we can use Emotion with RX graphics cards on our machines, which works great.

Finally, let's customize the YT.cfg located in the YT directory. YT.cfg is configured by default for MPlayer and FFPLAY via “APPDIR”, a function of AmigaOs4.1 that can remember paths of programs and tools.

PathMP=“APPDIR:mplayer”                /* Full path to MPlayer executable */
PathFP=“APPDIR:ffplay”                  /* Full path to FFplay executable  */
ArgsMP=-quiet -hardframedrop *>NIL:”      /* Optional parameters for mplayer */
ArgsFP=-loglevel quiet -framedrop -infbuf”        /* Optional parameters for ffplay  */

Just run the MPlayer/FFPLAY(exe) once and YT.rexx will find the path where MPlayer and FFPLAY are located.

For streaming via Emotion you should enter the following values, you can also use “APPDIR” here.

PathMP=“APPDIR:emotion” /* Full path to MPlayer executable */
PathFP=“APPDIR:ffplay” Full path to FFplay executable */
ArgsMP=“” /* Optional parameters for mplayer */
ArgsFP=-loglevel quiet -framedrop -infbuf”  /* Optional parameters for ffplay */

In addition, the PlayMode "1" must be changed to 3.

PlayMode=“3” /* See documentation for available playback modes 1-3 */
               /* This option only applies to HLS links */

Finally, you should adjust "TagOrder" to always use the best possible streaming quality of 1080p.

TagOrder=“96 95 93 92 22 18 232 230 229” /* 360p */
                                        /* 720p/360p/240p (HLS / Live HLS) */
                                        /* 720p/360p/240p (IOS HLS) */

Since Odyssey has unfortunately lost the ability to access YouTube.com or the mobile website directly, we have to use alternatives. “https://aiostreams.amiga-projects.net/invidious” is one of them that works perfectly. With the configuration via Emotion, all YouTube streams will be displayed in 1080p from now on.

Here is a brief insight into how the whole thing works on my “AmigaNG” machine.

Edit: The whole thing is of course also possible via iBrowse and I will also explain this way in more detail later and of course the use of AioStreams directly.

Edited by Maijestro on 2024/9/6 19:16:06
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/9/6 20:14:12
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/9/6 20:16:33
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/9/6 20:19:20
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/9/6 20:25:01
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/9/6 20:46:52
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/9/6 20:54:14
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/9/6 21:09:09
MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Maijestro

You can't comment out ArgsMP or PathFP like that. If they're commented out, then they become undefined, not blank.

If you're using Emotion, you'll want ArgsMP to be blank, like ArgsMP = ""

Otherwise it's going to add ARGSMP (literally that string in uppercase) to the Emotion arguments.

If PlayMode="3", then it won't be using the FP variables for HLS streams anyway, so I'm not sure why you commented out PathFP (which to repeat, makes it an undefined variable, turning it into PATHFP in uppercase).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT

Thanks for the hint how should I enter it instead ?

Revised and hopefully it fits now, otherwise I need your help on how to do it right.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@K-L

Nice guide K-L.

Unfortunately I made a few errors in the script, and it has changed again, so you may want to edit your guide. The current version is in the other yt.rexx thread.

Also when using the script for dvplayer, playmode in yt.cfg really has to be 1.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Mozzerfan

Thanks, updated following your instructions :)

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Maijestro

If you're using Emotion, then ArgsMP="" to make the optional arguments blank, and PathMP="APPDIR:Emotion".

PathFP and ArgsFP won't be used if PlayMode="3", so just leave those as the defaults.

Edited by MickJT on 2024/9/6 20:52:08
Edited by MickJT on 2024/9/6 20:53:19
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT

Quote:
MickJT wrote:@Maijestro

If you're using Emotion, then ArgsMP="" to make the optional arguments blank, and PathMP="APPDIR:Emotion".

PathFP and ArgsFP won't be used if PlayMode="3", so just leave those as the defaults.

Ok post revised, thanks for your help.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Maijestro

Your last edit has unicode quotes that aren't recognized, rather than ASCII quotes.

It needs to be

ArgsMP=""

not

ArgsMP=“”

I know they can look almost identical depending on font.

Edit: Now all of your quotes are unicode quotes. They all need to be switched to ASCII quotes (the ones in red above).

Edited by MickJT on 2024/9/6 21:13:02
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT

Ok I have understood it a little better to be able to take it over directly “copy&paste” for the YT.cfg entries must be very accurate. Changed again, now it looks good. Thank you

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Maijestro

You've switched them all to the wrong type. They're all unicode quotes now. Perhaps if viewing this site on an Amiga browser and copy & pasting into a text editor, it might automatically convert the type. I don't know. I'm on PC at the moment.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks. I updated my initial post, linking to the subsequent two posts. If you can keep them up-to-date, that would be grand.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top

Register To Post