Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
34 user(s) are online (21 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 33

pvanni, more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »
Re: CMake 3.29 Native (OS4)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@elfpipe

nope, exact same error as above with .unix in place

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Might be worth noting that it seems to be appending the same path multiple times.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

yes, looks like some kind of repeating path bug, maybe stemming from the fact it cant write to the given path in the first place for some reason

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
yes, looks like some kind of repeating path bug, maybe stemming from the fact it cant write to the given path in the first place for some reason

And you are using the special version of clib4.library?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
What is worse is that there is some kind of "soft-link" added to the build subdirectory, which is called and points to "Development:Porting" (yes, the name of the link or directory is violently using ":" in it`s name...

What do you mean "soft-link"? Is this actually happening (have you looked at the scripts) or are you assuming, that something like that is happening?

This looks like a case, where unix paths are not on. If this involves a "soft-link", then yes, that is probably a problem. Otherwise, it is just a case of mistaken configuration of clib4 properties (.unix in the wrong place).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

I think you need this :

AmigaOS.README at cmake-amiga

If you don't do the cmake-amiga: assign properly, your home dir in the project will be off (and probably use an amigaos native path).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@elfpipe

I'm not using clib4 et al, still on newlib...
Do i need to switch to clib4 for cmake?

I'm only ever assuming

i do have a home: assign, but it points to another partition (i think i introduced it when i installed ssh the other day)
Does the home: assign need to be on the same partition as the cmake-amiga: assign?

seems i have to learn still...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Yes - you need to switch, specifically to the version of clib4 in the downloads section of cmake, same place as you got cmake itself. I mean, that's not really "switching" if you don't already have it, but cmake needs that specific version.

PS: Hoping to take this for a spin tomorrow night.

Amiga x5040 ı 16GB ı RX580
GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Ah yes, I see that now. Don't know what happened there. In this case it would be built on alfkil's work.

Edited by Hypex on 2024/9/8 17:53:56
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
I'm not using clib4 et al, still on newlib...
Do i need to switch to clib4 for cmake?

I'm only ever assuming

You don't need to switch for your projects. I have built and executed a newlib project, and it works just fine.

However - cmake itself uses clib4 (it is necessary). For this, you just need to copy the clib4.library file from the release resources on github to libs:

Assets

And you need to execute/copy the three lines of batch (assign, path and env variable). And create the .unix file.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
i do have a home: assign, but it points to another partition (i think i introduced it when i installed ssh the other day)
Does the home: assign need to be on the same partition as the cmake-amiga: assign?

You don't need the home assign. It is included by mistake in the batch script. I sometimes need that for Spotless, because cmake projects will write full paths to the stabs (so it references the unix root).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@elfpipe

ok, i have all of that, clib4.library in place too (otherwise it won't run)...but I still get those crazy loop in loop directory which points to itself.

i can't delete or rename them, because, as I said, they point to itself

i also just killed my whole porting subdir by trying to back it up...backup told me
ERROR: some directories too deep
so i guess there is some kind of loophole in those directories called "Development:porting"

not sure and as it seems I'm the only one having this strange problem

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
i also just killed my whole porting subdir by trying to back it up...

Woops...! Sorry, mate.

I faintly remember some issue with symlinks from the old version. If memory is not playing tricks on me, then maybe I can consult the old code and see, if there is some solution already in place.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@elfpipe

not your fault

reconstructing it is easy but time consuming

btw...I had to reformat the partition to get rid of those strange files

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Try this (if you dare):

cmake (only for testing purposes)

You should be somewhat safe. Post the output here.

EDIT : Remember to reboot first, so you don't use a cached item. ;)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@elfpipe

will do, thank you

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
"cmake --version" works happily for me Don't know if that's a sign that it will do greater things or not at this point.

That's all I have for the moment. Next I need to create a cmake file for my project since I had gone with Make knowing that we didn't have a decent cmake version.

Once I've managed to work out why my C++ Hello World spews loads of errors (C++ was never my strong point !)

[EDIT] OK, spoke too soon - once it actually has something to do I get what I presume is the same error as Raziel so I'll try the executable above:

CMake ErrorUnable to (re)create the private pkgRedirects directory:

Data:Dev/Projects/Tutorials/build/Data:Dev/Projects/Tutorials/build/CMakeFiles/pkgRedirects
This may be caused by not having read
/write access to the build directory.

Obviously the path is doubled up there and it's not really a read/write issue

[EDIT2] Here is my output from that other cmake (haven't rebooted yet, but I would assume since it just output those values and exited it can't be the old version cached):

11.Data:Dev/Projects/Tutorials/buildcmake ..
exe : /Data/Dev/cmake-amiga/bin/cmake
exe_dir 
: /Data/Dev/cmake-amiga/bin

Edited by MartinW on 2024/9/8 21:43:13

GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MartinW

be carefull now...it seems this created "symlink", or whatever it is, is nasty...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Raziel

it wasn't actually able to creating anything for me since it's trying to do so in a directory whose name is doubled up. Sounds like that might be a good thing.

I'm down a different rabbit hole at the moment. My project won't compile due to g++ complaining that something doesn't exist in C++ std lib but that's a topic for elsewhere.

GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MartinW, Raziel

Gentlemen - this is caused by unix paths not being on. I will need to do a fix, that is less foolproof (not that I take any of you for fools, but such is language). It will take a day or maybe two.

Thanks for testing!

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »