Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
41 user(s) are online (18 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 41

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

A1222Plus: Reloading OS4.1 A precautionary tale
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I'd been having a few (self imposed) problems with my OS 4.1 installation, so I decided I would reformat the SSD and start afresh.

I reinstalled the SSD and recreated the partitions, including an OSRecover partition, so I had another option in case of boot problems. So now I have DH1: Workbench, DH1: Work and DH2: OSRecover.

I then rebooted from the USB Installation media and, using the OS4.1.iso, reloaded the OS on both DH0: and DH2: and then the Enhancer software, so I definitely had the Radeon RX driver.

The system went through the normal boot sequence but then wouldn't show the workbench. Rebooted using the OSRecover partition, same thing!

Long story short - I RTFMed, followed the flaming instructions and used the provided shell script to reinstall the OS. Bingo!

The moral of the story is definitely....RTFM!!

Go to top
Re: A1222Plus: Reloading OS4.1 A precautionary tale
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmigaOldie

If you reinstall AmigaOs4.1 via the iso and later run Enhancer Software, the RX driver will be installed, but you must also enter it in SYS:Kickstart/Kicklayout after installation.

MODULE Kickstart/RadeonRX.chip

I think I know that Enhancer Software does not make this entry itself. But they have already found another solution

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Re: A1222Plus: Reloading OS4.1 A precautionary tale
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi All,

The way I did to reinstall OS 4.1 via the recovery USB key was just to right click on AmigaOS4 hard drive and choose format, kept the same volume name, selected quick format option to erase the disk.

Then I double-click the RestoreHDinstall.shell within the actual restore folder within the recovery USB key to reinstall the OS.

Once completed, rebooted system and a fresh Amiga OS 4.1 successfully booted fine.

Amiga OS 4.1 with A1222+
Amiga 1200 with V2, V4 & PiStorm32.
C64 with Epyx Fast Load and the VIC20.
Go to top

Register To Post