Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
25 user(s) are online (16 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 25

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

IntuitionBase.com updates
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
After 12 years, IntuitionBase got its first new article.
Sailor translated and added the "Graphics cards for Sam440ep-flex" (https://intuitionbase.com/articles/graphics-cards-sam440ep-flex), which was posted in amigaportal.cz a few years ago. Sailor is known for creating excellent content, and I am glad that agreed to copy those articles in IB. So expect more to come.

I would like to thank Sailor for supporting IntuitionBase.

If anyone would like to push personal articles into IntuitionBase, I can provide you with an account. The way to add articles is pretty easy, with a nice and simple editor, in a friendly environment. The only thing that you need to have in mind is that the content need to be AmigaOS 4 related for hardware and software.

Also, I updated the "Featured software" list, adding a lot more applications. This list is not finished (if it ever will) and more will be added in the near future.

If you are a developer, or a developers team, and you would like your applications to be in that list, please contact me, and we will make it happen.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Re: IntuitionBase.com updates
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@walkero

When I read the first line I thought it was about one of my programs.

When it comes to info on setting up a graphic card and what configurations works on what hardware Sailor is the bomb.

I should consider checking if I have any articles that may be useful, though they may be old.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Hypex
As others mentioned in different thread, even if the guides are old, most probably they will be still useful. We do not have such a radical changes in our platform, unfortunately.

If you find them, and you would like to post in IntuitionBase, please let me know and I can provide you with credentials.

Thank even for considering it.

Follow me on
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@walkero

Quote:
even if the guides are old, most probably they will be still useful

I could update my OS4coding.net articles if you think it would make sense to host them on IntuitionBase.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@trixie
Thank you for that. Those are more for developers, so, the OS4Coding.net is the proper place to have them, I believe. The intuitionbase.com is more about the users in general.

But of course, you can still update them and provide extra info to the developers.

Maybe you could post there the guide you had on amigakit's blog, which unfortunately is not live any more.

Follow me on
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
What kind of articles could be uploaded into IntuitionBase? Is it tutorials on how to use certain software? Example could be FFmpegGUI/FFmpeg installation, settings and usage, or tutorials for AOS4 strictly, like how to make bootable USB stick for AOS4? Are there any kind of requirements? Looking at sailors post for second time; it is deep and very informative, I am amazed at technical knowledge she is displaying which made me wondering what can be posted there.

Just one more thing, it's no big deal, going through the articles feels clunky. Maybe to divide them in different sections instead of scrolling down would be better? Just a thought.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@levellord
Quote:
What kind of articles could be uploaded into IntuitionBase?

Any guide that could help AmigaOS 4 users on the software and hardware side, is great to be there. The examples you gave are spot on. But also we can have applications reviews, that will explain to users how an app can be used and what features they have.

For example, I'd love to have a guide for how to set up Radeon RX on X1000. Or how to set up qemu and install AmigaOS 4 on it.

Quote:
Are there any kind of requirements?

There are no requirements, except that the article should focus on AmigaOS 4 and AmigaOne hardware.

Quote:
Just one more thing, it's no big deal, going through the articles feels clunky. Maybe to divide them in different sections instead of scrolling down would be better? Just a thought.

Thank you for that proposal. I will think of that and how to make them easier to access.

Also, just to mention, in case you do not follow the other thread about articles, that a way to add articles to amigans.net is coming as well. I believe that it will be available soon. So, if you create a guide/review you can host it anywhere you like. I do not want to split the knowledge in many sites. Every website has its pros and cons, and the article creators can decide where to host them.

Follow me on
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@walkero
Quote:
..Or how to set up qemu and install AmigaOS 4 on it..

Topic about QEMU emulation to start breaking down guide for non AOS4 owners for Sam460 system is a little problem.
I'll explain at the end....
To start from the beginning. It would be useful to have a section in ‘Hardware’ - AmigaOS4 Emulation.
There would be topics related to AOS4 emulation (WINUAE,FS-UAE ... QEMU).
Maybe it was not noticed before, but everything seems to be aiming at AOS4 emulation.

AmigaOS4 and QEMU guide topic.
A very good collection of stuff was done by ‘Falke_34’. They are mostly in German. I am not able to translate it into English.

The website of ‘Falke_34’ - > http://falke34.bplaced.net/qemu.html
Binary versions of QEMU for Windows - >https://qemu.weilnetz.de/w64/2024/

Now about the required AOS4 system for Sam460
To install AOS4 for A1 and PEG2, siliconmotion502_chip is required.
This one posted on os4depot - >https://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... siliconmotion502_chip.lha
Does not work for pure AOS4 installation < AOS4 FE UP 1
To start the theme of the AOS4 installation guide for QEMU this driver needs to be updated
The problem does not affect people with AOS4 sla Sam460 and AOS4 developers who have access to all versions of the system.
Anyone who buys AOS4 for A1 and PEG4 is not able to do so.
Currently there is no driver from @Hans Virtio GPU. It is not known in what form it will be distributed - it may require ES2 which would require an already finished system.

What can you do on a Qemu AOS4 emulation ?

I do such things for myself and I hope there will be more such people

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Sailor translated and added two more articles in intuitionbase with a high amount of information

AmigaOne XE - part 1 "quickly and easily"
AmigaOne XE - part 2, AGP and PCIe graphics cards

I would to thank sailor one more time for sharing all this information, preserving them, and helping the community with all the work she did.

Follow me on
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero

Excellent

@sailor

Many thanks

Go to top