Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
15 user(s) are online (9 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 15

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmiStore purchases and downloads
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
AmiStore purchases and downloads for OS4 can now be downloaded directly on the A600GS. The files can be downloaded the the Work partition or directly to a USB flash drive.

The next step is to enable AmiStore browsing and purchases for OS4 applications and games.

Resized Image

Go to top
Re: AmiStore purchases and downloads
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
What the point to have amistore on 68k emulator to download os4 software ? I mean, i remember when everyone asking for proper web where users can buy soft you publish for os4 from any os, it was said "we need uniq store working from os4 only", and instead of proper web where anyone can buy thing without meeting with amistore bugs , one have one more way: buy 68k emulator ! :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amigakit

I took this opportunity to fire up the store after a long while

here you go:

1 - a window comes up with a lot of
+++ Error 13 in line 1: Host environment not found
and takes about a minute to show something

2 - when i tried to log in the password is (and *never* was) saved
i *do* have "remember password" set

3 - after typing in the correct password (again)
i get an error message in a window

Unable to login to your AmiStore account:

-Download client cannot be started
(check AmiStore installation or if RexxMast running)

i checked the installation and...it's there...what more could i check???
i checked RexxMast and...it's running, because four other rexx scripts never complains

so, sorry, but unusable

and the binary doesn' t even feature an $VER: version string, so i can't even check the version to report

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel

I just checked Amistore and it worked correctly and allowed me to log in and see my account. Was there an update since the last time you tried it?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@livebyfaith74

I wouldn't know, since alerting about a newer version should be the job of the app itself or Updater (from the same company)...but alas...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit

Sorry... but what's the point?? Will there be an OS4 emulator with the A600 GS?

As if the AppleStore was selling Windows softwares...

It should be way mor logical to be able to buy 68k software from AmiStore OS4.

And last question : do you remember us? Those who bought many things from AmiStore, especially the Enhancer Software Pack, and who have been waiting for years for some real updates (eg. the Radeon drivers with fixes).

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

I haven't suffered any bugs when using Amistore but I don't like the clunky payment system and the fact that Paypal charges aren't factored into prices displayed on Amistore.

I'd rather it if the server side could deal with card payments directly from within Amistore. Having to open a browser, or more likely get a link emailed so you can complete the payment using another device isn't the greatest experience. If Amigakit want to sell the A600GS to a wider audience they really need to focus getting a payment system more in line with users expectations based on the experience of app stores on other platforms.

Lastly, software not compatible with 68k systems needs to filtered out as standard so, if not outright excluded so as not to cause confusion and dissapointment.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rob
Yeah, there surely many things to improve in compare with being able to download os4 software from os3 emulator putting in a box, but from the first there were real needs for proper web shop where you can buy digital stuff. But .. that all were discussed many times in last years without any outcome, so..

Edited by kas1e on 2024/10/5 13:07:03
Edited by walkero on 2024/10/5 20:38:00
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rob

Quote:
I'd rather it if the server side could deal with card payments directly from within Amistore. Having to open a browser, or more likely get a link emailed so you can complete the payment using another device isn't the greatest experience. If Amigakit want to sell the A600GS to a wider audience they really need to focus getting a payment system more in line with users expectations based on the experience of app stores on other platforms.

AFAIK, there's one big road-block in the way of achieving this: payment processor APIs require a working modern web browser. For security reasons credit card numbers need to be sent directly to the payment processor (PayPal, Stripe, etc.). That way only the payment processor needs to have a PCI DSS level security.

So we'd need an embeddable browser engine for this.

Hans

Join the Kea Campus - upgrade your skills; support my work; enjoy the Amiga corner.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - see more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans

API’s are 200% hackable, it wont be secure, better to pay using QR code, on your phone.

The only security we have, is that all the developers are nice people

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans

Quote:
So we'd need an embeddable browser engine for this.

Might as well require an app while we are at it. Given the world is going to 2FA and 3FA before long. I can't login to Yahoo on my phone without it wanting to send a code to my phone but it works normally from desktop email client.

There's a 3rd party AmiStore buyer Java app. So the method of payment is known. Though, writing it in Java doesn't help again, as the Amiga Java port must be 20 and almost 30 years late by now, so it won't help to have one Amiga application.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit

First of all something positive, I personally like the design very much, it looks really great. I wish the AmiStore app under AmigaOs4.1 would look like this too.

To me it makes no sense why you would buy AmigaOs4.1 software on an A600GS Especially since you would have to buy that hardware first.

I think most people here want AmigaOs4.1 to evolve in some way and not fall back to a 68k emulation, because we already have WinUae for that.

I still wish them good luck with the continued development of the A600GS and the emulated 68k-compatible AmiBench.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top

Register To Post