Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
19 user(s) are online (9 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 19

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 17 18 19 (20) 21 »
Re: Qt 6 progress
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@elfpipe

And we have a winner :

Qt6 Network http

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
great mate! Now let's fix the other problems :)

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@afxgroup

Yes. I have a music gig tomorrow, so I need to spend a little time preparing. But Thursday I should be around again.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
What is the state of the QT6 development?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@vagappc

* Switch to clib4
* qmake (native) works
* moc (native) doesn't work
* Rest is assumed working (but untested)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@elfpipe

Woohuuu sound awesome!!!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thank you.
my favorite programs for Linux are almost all qt.
Is it possible to make it use GPU acceleration on AOS4 too?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@vagappc

Quote:
Is it possible to make it use GPU acceleration on AOS4 too?

Yes. Although the current port only uses soft render for normal (non-gl) windows.

There are different options for acceleration. I think there is a simple switch somewhere, that turns all windows into gl-windows, but of course one could also do something like in the old 4.7 version, that uses compositing for drawing operations. This last option would be a lot of work, but maybe interesting for scientific purposes.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Update :

Quote:
* moc (native) doesn't work
* Rest is assumed working (but untested)

The updated content looks like this:

* There is now a partial native build system, which is confirmed working on several cases. Certain build tools don't have complete function due to path issues, but there is enough of a framework to confirm functioning in complete extension.
* Completed/built binaries are confirmed working in all cases (limited selection).
* This is now done using .so libraries instead of static linking.
* There needs to be done work to update OpenGL ES 2 bindings. This is probably trivial (if one has time).
* Simplified code base due to improved standard c library.

And in the release notes : Thanks to the work done by the authors of clib4.library.

Edited by elfpipe on 2024/10/11 7:58:06
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@elfpipe

Thanks a lot for your hard work!!!!
I had some time today and recompiled amiga-qt6. The test program is running on QEMU at my place.
I had a bit of fun with it but it's great that it runs (I made a static version)

Thanks

Resized Image

And thanks for clib4 to the whole team!!!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@smarkusg

You compiled from the latest sources from https://github.com/elfpipe/amiga-qt6

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@SinanSam460
Yes - I compiled from this github.
I only removed the OpenGLES2 and part of the debug so it wouldn't compile with OpenGLES2, and fixed the paths quickly so I wouldn't have to add ASSIGN and fonts all the time. I also changed the name of the clib4*library to make sure it loads what I want.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't additionally see the problem @kas1e wrote about (memory leaks from clib4):
https://github.com/AmigaLabs/clib4/issues/210
https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... id=150902#forumpost150902

video -> https://youtu.be/z6meXk1hyD0

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@smarkusg

I am glad, you got it working. This port took some amount of time. If you are wondering about the build up with platform plugins, that is not used by this version, I did this exactly because it makes it much easier to do a static version. It really does not make so much difference, although it probably makes it more difficult to argue for a merge with the upstream.

Happy experimenting! :) If you want to share more, please do.

EDIT: I am going to look at the gles2 bindings some time in a not too distant future.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
so can someone summarise the current status of the latest revision?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@elfpipe

Quote:
Happy experimenting! :) If you want to share more, please do.

I'll be sure to do this and will be happy to share.
I've come across some problems but am currently trying to solve them by checking the Qt 4.7 code
https://sourceforge.net/p/qtamigaosnative/code/HEAD/tree/

Very cool that you are willing to make changes regarding gles2. I have seen your videos on YT regarding Qt 6.2.

Greetings!!!

@NinjaCyborg
For my part, I can't give you a status. It depends what you expect from the development version. You need to say what status you are interested in.
The code is fortunately open and available to anyone who wants to help @elfpipe
You can't say ‘it works great’ and no one is lying to anyone in contrast to closed code (not always, but mostly).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

There are lots of functionings that have not been confirmed. For instance, networking has not been tested in the current state, but the code has been brought back to the original state (so no changes from main repo version). This is due to better support from clib4, where the old (actually qt4) version would depend on calling bsdsocket.library directly, which would result in garbled and very unbeautiful code.

@smarkusg

Nice video by the way. It is good to see, that the widgets and resource compiling functions work (I am assuming, that the example uses rcc to compile the red and blue pieces). This is a step forward, since I wasn't able to do those natively (I could have cross compiled just to confirm, but there is no point, when your ambition is to facilitate the native build system).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@elfpipe

Maybe this will be useful for you. I checked out tea-qt today (https://github.com/psemiletov/tea-qt)
I used to use it. It seems to work fine. It may look a bit chaotic (clicking through menus) but I tried to force something to crash.

As you wrote, I am experimenting with old code from qt4 to force the native use of filemanger to work.
I haven't forgotten about your work and thanks again for the ‘fun’ with your code

video -> https://youtu.be/hST6HwGtj30

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@smarkusg

The text editor looks great, can it handle Amiga paths? I would like to use it under AmigaOs4.1.

In your video the QT Gui seems a bit sluggish, how is it on real machines, is the GUI accelerated by the graphics card?

Anyway great work my friend

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@smarkusg

What a pleasure to watch :). That program sure has a lot of functions! I am glad that work on qt is no 100% stagnant, and if I can contribute anything to development, please ask.

@Maijestro

There is probably some setting to turn regular windows into gl windows, it just needs to be located. Otherwise it uses software rendering as default.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@elfpipe

Thanks , great
For now to ask a question I need to learn a bit/learn how something works exactly.
My knowledge is too small . I have a lot of questions but the best way to learn is probably to learn it yourself rather than ‘tormenting’ you with it.

I only have one question. Do you know what needs to be done to run a program compiled under QT to be run from icony (workbench) not shell ?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 17 18 19 (20) 21 »