Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
8 user(s) are online (5 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 8

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmiUpdate Update 2.55 (11.10.2024)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Update Amiupdate 2.55

AmiUpdate 2.55 (11.10.2024)

- Fixed an error in the main list helphint where the date of the update was not shown correctly.
Thanks to Niels Bache (#159).

- Made some changes to the routines that handle the Ignore Manager, and saving the list back to disk. An apparent crash appeared to be located there, although it was unreproducible here.

- Fixed a memory leak that occurred each time a scan was started.

- Reworked the "Abort" logic. It is no longer possible to abort the scan, but aborting updatingworks as originally expected.
Whether this fixes the unreproducible crashes or not remains tobe seen.

- Following a successfull login, users were complaining the details were not saved. The call tosave the details was commented out. No idea why, or how long it's been like that, but it shouldwork as expected again!

- Added support for double-clicking items to expand them in the Path Manager.

- Changed the way the notifications are handled when the preferences change.

o Prefs_Updates 53.19 (11.10.2024)
Prefs change notifications are now handled differently to suit the new mechanism.

If the update is not offered or does not work : http://codebench.co.uk/amiupdate_website/files/AmiUpdate.lha

Go to top
Re: AmiUpdate Update 2.55 (11.10.2024)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@skynet thanks for your work

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@vagappc

Thanks, but it was K-L from the French Amiga-NG forum who saw this update, I'm just relaying K-L's find.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Some of these bugs I reported in 2019 and the guy refused to even acknowledge them at the time

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I thinked that he is the author.
I'm sorry.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I don't know who the author is, but an option to postpone the reboot after an update would be nice for those of us with RX cards. I mean, it's not that major of a problem because I just leave the updater running and then reboot the machine myself using a hard reboot, but the option to just say "Later" and quit the updater would be nice.

Amiga x5040 ı 16GB ı RX580
GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MartinW

Simon "Rigo" Archer is the author and maintainer of AmiUpdate.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks to Simon "Rigo" Archer and whoever else is involved.

---
redfox

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Thanks for the update

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rigo

Thanks for the update!

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It seems that it have been installed successfully although AmiUpdate crashed at the end, saying: could not open update.library 53.21+

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Primax

Quote:
Primax wrote:It seems that it have been installed successfully although AmiUpdate crashed at the end, saying: could not open update.library 53.21+

Here on the “A1222” there were no problems with the update under AmigaOs4.1. “A1222” because I am currently without hardware again

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Primax

Quote:
AmiUpdate crashed at the end, saying: could not open update.library 53.21+
I updated AmiUpdate on a number of partitions (beta test as well as public and others) on a number of machines.

It crashed like you describe only if I didn't use the self-update functionality. When I did, it worked fine.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks for the update there is still an issue for me, it still does not save the login details

Where are the login details stored? Can I save them manually or copy the eventually encrypted file from my other system?

Edit:
Nevermind, found where it is saved.

However, it keeps asking me about the "Admin Wiki access", is there a way to disable it?

server list (save release info enabled for all):

www.amiupdate.net
update.amigaos.net
sdk.amigaos.net

Edited by Tuvok on 2024/10/19 12:48:58
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
There seems to be a glitch with the MUI5 shared libraries

MUI5 shared libraries (21.227)
MUI5 3rd party contribution classes (21.11)

AmiUpdate Italian locale files (2.32)

can't be downloaded.

I changed the option to "Store downloaded archives here: RAM Disk:Unpacked" in AmiUpdate preferences but no files are saved in RAM:

I do not have Italian language installed. I checked on my Sam, and there is no Italian.catalog for AmiUpdate, on the Sam no update for Italian locale files is shown. weird.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Tuvok

Check libs:AmiSSL/ and see if you have amissl_v111m.library. If not, download AmiSSL 4.12 from https://github.com/jens-maus/amissl/releases/tag/4.12

Don't install it (I assume you have the latest AmiSSL v5 installed already). Just copy *only* that 1 file over into libs:AmiSSL/. You might need to reboot. Then try again.

I don't know if this is still required, but it used to be, to get https links working.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MickJT

Thanks, that did it!!

Now the checksum tab in InfoWB works again too, it refused to calculate checksums for MD5 and SHA1!

Thanks a lot! ) Have a great Weekend!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
So I noticed a few discrepancies.

- The latest release is 2.55 but the latest download package is only 2.54.

- The latest download is claimed to be 2.52 on site.

- The latest 2.55 needs to be installed by AmiUpdate updating itself from 2.54 version.

So I grabbed the latest off the website. Installed and it went ok. Reboot. Ran it again and it found a new version. Installed that and reboot again. Now my AmiUpdate is the latest 2.55.

There could be a recurring issue. I didn't see AmiUpdate detect the latest itself. Need to check what I had but it wasn't until I installed the latest available 2.54 manually that AmiUpdate found a newer version.

Also, sometimes I find AmiUpdate checking servers for way too long. Usually finding nothing when there should be some update. I wonder if latest changes cause a slow down in server detection?

Update: (Excusing the pun.)

I updated another volume with the latest AmiUpdate. It had been running 2.49 which is a few releases behind. This confirms my suspicion the issue with AmiUpdate not finding an update to itself is unresolved or has come back. I was stuck on that a few years back.

So I installed 2.54. Reboot and run it. AmiUpdate took a while looking but did not see an update to itself. I then ran a scan and it found an update to itself in the update list. That was strange. Could be a slight bug with latest changes. Well it updated itself fine regardless.

Edited by Hypex on 2024/10/23 1:32:58
Go to top

Register To Post