Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
50 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 49

saimo, more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Amiga X5k CPU Cooler
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
OK, nothing to worry about then It's amazing how low geennaam's X5000 CPU temperature is.

I have two fans blowing hot air out of the case but none to blow cool air into the case.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@smf

Quote:
smf wrote:@MartinWQuote:
MartinW wrote:
I have no idea what the A1222 is like, but I sincerely hope it's quieter or has better options.

The A1222 doesn't need much cooling.
I have a beta system and it was supplied with a super tiny fan that was quite loud.

I can't remember what i replaced it with as it's been a few years since i did it but probably a 40 or 60mm noctua fan and a 3d printed fan adaptor.

I had the same problem, the built-in fan was ok at the beginning but got louder and louder over time, so I decided to use the Noctua NF-A4x10 FLX, Quiet Premium Fan, 3-Pin (40x10mm, Brown) my system is now very quiet and I'm happy with it.

CPU temp shows me 64 degrees, but I suspect the software is not measuring this accurately. I also checked it again after intensive use of my hardware (2 hours of operation) the CPU cooler was just lukewarm.

As far as I know, the x5000 also uses a 40x10 fan standard configuration.

Here you can see a picture of the new fan I have installed:

Resized Image

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
X5000 is a 60mm fan. You can get (or 3D print) an 80 -> 60 baffle / adapter but it does impact cooling and can make more noise because of the air hitting the baffle.

I don't really know why my temps sit around 64C when Geennam's are so much lower as I use the same model of case as him (I took his recommendation). Maybe I don't have my case fans up so high? I think you can change the speed of them? But realistically 64 isn't going to be an issue on a CPU that is good up into the 90's. My CPU may sit at 64C the bulk of the time but I've never really seen it do much more than that. If we ever get multi-core then maybe the topic of temps might come up again. That's assuming the idle core is currently in some low power state. I don't know how these things work. Don't really need to know either. Will have to see the latest update come AmiWest but unless much progress has been made then I'm doubtful a stable multi-core will ever see the light of day at this point. But that's a different topic.

Amiga x5040 ı 16GB ı RX580
GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)