Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
176 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 175

TheMagicSN, more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

amidock's mess with scaling of icons and other problems
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

I for now trying to collect all possible bugs and enhancement request for AmiDock (so at least to record them all in BZ, not that it all will be done), and come to something which i can't describe by one single BZ, so maybe some of you can help me.

So, i want to create tray-bar at top of wb. It is mean to be 24x24 size of items inside.

That what i do:

- create a new dock with no background and no frames

- in layout set:
Icon min/max: 24x24
Icon scale factor: 100% (i.e. no scale, as it already should be limited and resized).

- Place AppDockies in: choice there the tray-bar dock.

- move the dock to a position in the screen bar

So, now. When i set in mui programs "place in amidock when iconify", then its all places well and looks well. All limits well. And looks fine:

Resized Image

Then, i just run amiupdate. It put big-fat original icon to the tray-bar and design broken:
Resized Image

Together with it , you can see, that not only icon start to be bigger, but whole position of dock changed and when i just run it, and when i exit (while snap to: locked is set).
Resized Image

So, then use "icon scale factor" , and found when it sets to 39%, then it start to looks ok for amiupdate and fits into bar fine, without re-sizing of dock itself:

Resized Image

So, why mui-apps are placed fine without icon scale factor and already "resized" well (original are 64x64), but amiupdate one, didn't scales at all until i not use icon scale factor. Is it because mui put icons to amidock as standalone docky, but amiupdate put it as application docky ? If so, then should't AmiDock care about amiupdate animated icon the same as it care about mui ones ? Why it didn't works without scale factor ?

Imho that 39% trick are some strange stuff, nope ? I.e. any other icon's size will out of design. While and the small ones, and big ones, should re-sizes to the same size, so all will looks the same, and as size of icons different, they will looks bad with that "39%" settings.

@all
All the other problem and bugs which you remember about are welcome while i am on it and want to collect everything at once and put to BZ.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: amidock's mess with scaling of icons and other problems
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
So, why mui-apps are placed fine without icon scale factor and already "resized" well (original are 64x64), but amiupdate one, didn't scales at all until i not use icon scale factor.

It does sound illogical...but could it be because the AmiUpdate icon is really an animation (string of images in an anim container?) while all the other dockies are pure icons (images)?

Rigo would probably be best to answer that

I'll maybe come up with some feature requests for AmiDock, but errors, faults and glitches does not spring to mind right now.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
We should have a sort of ScreenBars support like MorphOS rathen then become crazy adapting AmiDock .. but sure as an interim solution can be ok

At the moment no particular bug comes in my mind, but i'll tell you if i found somethings

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
AmiUpdate's docky simply scales itself to the size provided by AmiDock. Perhaps that is only done for application dockies, whereas simple icons are handled internally.

Either way, I see no bug in AmiUpdate.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Screens bar, download Excalibur for AmigaOS4.

Anyway I have a new version ready, just need to test it, and get version number right.

AmiDock has some features Excalibur does not, but I think you find that next version the gap is getting smaller.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I don't think I like how the AppDockies integrates into AmiDock, they seem to mess whit icons, I think it be better if they were not displayed where icons are displayed but put at dedicated location.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Oh I see, you mean put the tray icons on screens drag bar, it works well, just that they are bit small.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Obviously this bug has already been fixed

...just for completness sake i leave it here
Ah, yes, i know one "misbehaviour" aka bug.

Put the AmiUpdate icon into a dock which is *NOT* the very first one (main dock) and it will never scale, whatever setting one uses.

I think that scaling of application dockies should be possible in all docks, not just in main
...sorry for the hassle

Edited by Raziel on 2013/8/5 20:50:06
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Ah, yes, i know one "misbehaviour" aka bug.

Put the AmiUpdate icon into a dock which is *NOT* the very first one (main dock) and it will never scale, whatever setting one uses.

I think that scaling of application dockies should be possible in all docks, not just in main

It depnds on what is in your dock before the amiupdate docky (or any other docky) is added.

For example, in my AppIocns docky I have CPUInfo by defaults and others (usually Amipdates but dsomtimes Tuunets added dynamically). The preseence of CPUInfo prevents the scaling of amiupdates docky. Remove it and it scales fine.

There is a complex interaction of several functions being performed by one app here, causing a conflict which can't easily be resolved.

Function 1: Icon Dock - scaling easy
Function 2: App Icon Dock - scaling easy in simple cases, where appdock is an essentially appicon

Function 3: complex app icon (like amiupdate) scaling dependent of dock state.

Function 4: True standalone docky, some of these must overide scaling settings due to requirements for rendering displays (eg CPUInfo).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

Yes, you are of course right.

The "bug" i was referring to has already been fixed.
Scaling works in every dock, not just main

A "Test" Button to see the changes would be nice ("Use" closes the AmiDock window which is annyoing)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo
Quote:

AmiUpdate's docky simply scales itself to the size provided by AmiDock. Perhaps that is only done for application dockies, whereas simple icons are handled internally.

Should i write bz for amidock like "make scaling for application dockies the same as for icon ones" ?

@Raziel
Quote:

A "Test" Button to see the changes would be nice ("Use" closes the AmiDock window which is annyoing)

For me all changes in realtime as far as i can see. I.e. anything i do in amidock with settings keep visibly right after i change it.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Not sure if anyone has already thought of it, but a nice addition to AmiDock would be to have drag and drop support in the item list (where one adds programs to docks)

Go to top

Register To Post