Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
53 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 53

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

Sound issue with A1222?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi there,

I'm having an issue with the sound output from my A1222. If I'm playing something on e.g. TuneNet, the audio output seems fine. However, if I play e.g. the startup-sequence jingle then the DAC in the mixer goes to minimum so I can't hear anything. If I'm quick enough, turning up the DAC allows me to hear the tail end of the jingle.

Resized Image

I've also noticed that some of the values in the sound prefs program appear to be nonsense:

Resized Image

In the prefs program, it doesn't seem to matter what I change them to as they seem to revert back to those shown in the image.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Francis

Amiga 1200 with Apollo IceDrake
Amiga 1222+ with RadeonRX 550
Go to top
Re: Sound issue with A1222?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@dfstudios

That's a new one for me. Not seen that before. We might need @LyleHaze to help here. You can always just replace the prefs file with a default one from the install USB drive. Maybe it became corrupted somehow? This is how my settings look:

Resized Image

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@dfstudios

I have also observed this behavior on my A1222. When you open the sound prefs for the first time, everything is fine. But when you move/drag the gain control with the mouse, strange values are displayed.

Everything is ok here:

Resized Image

Here is the broken display when moving the amplifier:

Resized Image

The system is freshly set up from the supplied USB stick

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahu

Thanks for that. Copying the ahi.prefs file from the USB recovery stick got the audio working properly again.

I notice that you seem to be using the original AHI prefs program and not the A-EON version. The A-EON prefs program seems to be buggy on my system. Even copying the version from the USB recovery stick didn't make any difference as if I try to change anything the program seems to want to make its own decision as to the what the values should be.

To illustrate, in the mode settings, now that the AHI prefs have been restored from the backup, the music unit has the following properties:

Resized Image

If I change the audio unit the options change by themselves so that even going back to the music unit the values are different:

Resized Image

Version information of the preferences program I have:

Resized Image

Kind regards,

Francis

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Ok thanks I am now also using the original AHI prefs from AmigaOs4.1. There are no problems with that

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@dfstudios

Quote:
Thanks for that. Copying the ahi.prefs file from the USB recovery stick got the audio working properly again.

Yay! Glad it's working again.

Quote:
I notice that you seem to be using the original AHI prefs program and not the A-EON version. The A-EON prefs program seems to be buggy on my system. Even copying the version from the USB recovery stick didn't make any difference as if I try to change anything the program seems to want to make its own decision as to the what the values should be.

Looks like you found the culprit. This is why my Enhancer Software philosophy has always been to add to the OS, but never replace any components. The A-EON replacements almost never bring any actual benefit, but they do bring bugs.

That said the good part is that when you report bugs to the Enhancer team, they actually get fixed without having to wait for years. So there's good and bad.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hint :

Always configure AHI like this:

* Set Unit 0, 1 and 3 to A1222 HIFi 32 bit Stereo
* Set Music Unit to Unit 0:HiFi 16 bit Stereo++

This is to allow mixing when multiple programs try to access AHI.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@dfstudios

I also had issues with AHI prefs from AEON, I’m also using the original that works.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahuQuote:
eliyahu wrote:Looks like you found the culprit. This is why my Enhancer Software philosophy has always been to add to the OS, but never replace any components. The A-EON replacements almost never bring any actual benefit, but they do bring bugs.

I've noticed that now, which is a shame. I've copied the AHI and sound prefs tools from the AmigaOS 4.1 image and replaced the A-EON one.

I've also noticed that A-EON's time prefs is also buggy as the daylight savings rules keep changing every time you load it up. Again, I've replaced this with the one from the AmigaOS 4.1 image.

Kind regards,

Francis

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@K-LQuote:
K-L wrote:Hint :

Thanks for the tip.

Kind regards,

Francis

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L

Quote:
K-L wrote:Hint :

Thanks for the tip.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@dfstudios
https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... &order=ASC&status=&mode=0

I also found the Enhancer version to have problems. I appreciate what they do, but generally stick to the original tools if they are not broke.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top

Register To Post