Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
87 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 86

samo79, more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

A1222+ Automatic Shutdown
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hey all,

I have the A1222+ complete system from A-EON few months ago.

So far all is good, system working fine but I notice it can shutdown automatically.

I tend to notice it shutdown itself if I do not use it for an extended period of time.

I was wondering if anyone else has A1222+ can test this on thier system.

To test this theory, can you have just the monitor connected to the system and left at the main desktop screen.

Just leave it, say 5 hours or more if you can.

Hopefully I am not going mad here, the monitor will go black and the system will be turned off.

Thank you.

Amiga OS 4.1 with A1222+
Amiga 1200 with V2, V4 & PiStorm32.
C64 with Epyx Fast Load and the VIC20.
Go to top
Re: A1222+ Automatic Shutdown
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Boabster

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but there is an option in Prefs/Sceensaver and from here you can also have the system shut down automatically after a certain time. I have not tested this.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Maijestro

Thanks for the reply.

It was just to test to see if anyone else's within this community own A1222+ complete system from A-EON shutdown automatically with just a monitor connected after, say, 5 hours.

Sometimes I just leave it and when I want to go back to it, I see a black screen and the unit turned off? Its is strange?

Ah! I now see this timing tab under screen blanker.

Strange, I some how thought it was just to do with the screen blanker rather than the system.

Ok, I will turn off all the options and see what happens.

Thank you.

Amiga OS 4.1 with A1222+
Amiga 1200 with V2, V4 & PiStorm32.
C64 with Epyx Fast Load and the VIC20.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Boabster

The screenblanker should not be able to shut down the system completely.

It can be set to blank the screen (with or without a screenblanker module, i.e. some fancy stuff moving around on the screen ), or to shut down the monitor completely to save more power.

So if your system really shuts down completely, something else is wrong. Maybe overheating? Do you have sufficient fan cooling?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Boabster

I have left my on while going to bed and when I wake up it's still runing so that
shouldn't happen.

Yes, overheating does that.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Boabster
I have an A1222+, but one I built myself into a Checkmate case. However, I bought the same SSD,Graphics card, etc as AAA specify, except for 8Gb RAM, rather than 4Gb.
I have left my system on overnight and it hasn't turned off.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Boabster

If you want to find out if the system shuts down due to overheating you can hook up a serial cable to the internal pin headers for the MCU.

You'll get a message over serial if the MCU decides that the temperature is too high and need to shut down the system.

You'll need an USB-TTL cable to do so.
You can read more about it the the tabor TRM.

But my bet is that it's not heat related, i'm more into psu problems but maybe the MCU messages can give you a clue anyway.

Go to top

Register To Post