Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
64 user(s) are online (9 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 64

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

I Need Advice on Setting Up a New Amiga System
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello there,

I recently acquired a vintage Amiga system and am excited to dive into the world of Amiga computing. Although; as a newcomer; I am facing a few challenges in getting everything set up correctly and would greatly appreciate your insights.

First; I would love to know the best operating system to install. I have heard a lot about AmigaOS and some of its alternatives; like AROS and MorphOS. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each; especially in terms of software compatibility and user experience for someone who is just starting out?

Additionally; I am curious about hardware upgrades. My system came with a basic configuration; and I want to ensure it can handle more modern software while maintaining that classic Amiga charm.

Also; I have gone through this post; https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?uipath_id=125542 which definitely helped me out a lot.

What upgrades would you recommend; particularly for RAM and storage? Are there any specific brands or models of hardware that are known to work seamlessly with Amiga systems?

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.

Go to top
Re: I Need Advice on Setting Up a New Amiga System
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

First, which Amiga?

A1200PPC/Sam440ep/Sam460ex/X1000/X5020 OS4.1
Go to top

Register To Post