Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
25 user(s) are online (16 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 25

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

GreaseWeazle help needed
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I am trying to get GreaseWeazle started .First thing is i have two floppy drives both have been tested and working on a retro PC.When connected to the GreaseWeazle one has a solid light the other one has no light on at all.I have same cabal i used on the Retro PC.It is a crossed one crossed side in the GreaseWeazle,the red stripe os on the our side of both drives.U have downloaded the 1.20 version off get hub and extracted the file.I have got as far as opening Windows Powershell typed in cmd
after that i typed gw and entered it then it said
*gw is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file*I am stuck at this point.And what os the situation about the drives?I hope someone can help me.

Go to top
Re: GreaseWeazle help needed
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Greenslade

It sounds like you have it all setup correctly. If you have a light on one drive and off on another I wonder if it's getting enough power? A USB2 port is good enough for a USB floppy drive but I'm wondering if an older floppy drive needs more power?

Have you tried to run the GW command in a standard CMD line? PowerShell may be too powerful, though it shouldn't matter. By the sounds of it the shell cannot find the path. Are you dragging the exe into the shell window? What if you just run it from the explorer icon?

Funny that Windows software doesn't open any windows and needs DOS. Thought we had moved on from this. Might as well stick with the retro PC if you wanted DOS!

Go to top

Register To Post